What's new

another projector question (1 Viewer)

Eric*L

Auditioning
I am new to this group and have used the opinions posted here to limit my projector choices down to either the SP4805 infocus, or the PE5120 benq. Now for my dilemma...
I want mount the pj from the ceiling in my "Dedicated Theater Room" in the basement. It must be mounted a Maximum of 12 ft from my screen and I want to get At least a 90" diag image. Using a projector calc on another site, it appears that I will have to almost max out the zoom to get my desired size. What type of problems can I expect using this amount of zoom? From the info I have gathered A 90"Diag screen should be 80" w X 45" h. My seating position is approx 13-14 feet from the screen.
This is very discouraging to me as I have spent tons of time and money building a completely light controlled,sound proof room, unfortunately I have exhausted my budget and now have to skimp on equipment.
Thanks in advance
Eric

John S

Senior HTF Member
This certainly should have been put in Displays, not in basics.

I'm not sure sure what your issue is though?
I don't see an issue with what your try'n to do, should work. I don't think anybody else is going to respond till it's moved to the right section though. Lots of 4805 owners in here and your throw -vs- screen size doesn't seem to different from a few others on here.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Eric, you won't have any problems using that amount of zoom. I use full zoom on my X1 projector, and the image is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks