What's new

Another prog scan DVD player question (1 Viewer)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Sorry to ask this as im sure it has been b4. I have a new Toshiba 65HX81 TV and im currently using a Panasonic RV30 dvd player.. Seems most ppl think the toshiba has a great line doubler.. Is it worht me going to progressive scan? Also, would the JVC60 be a good match??Onecall has em for 206 shipped now and i dont think returning their is a viable option. I understand we are really only talking about 2 bills but still.... Any thoughts??

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Brian;
I've had to completely edit my post, since I forgot the X81 series in brand-spanking new! :) I'm confusing it with the X81 series of not too long ago. :)
Any way, there is an argument that using a progressive player is advantageous, because you bypass the internal line doubler. However, the latest series of Toshiba's up any signal they receive to 540p, so one could argue you're no better off with a progressive vs. an interlaced player.
I would recommend the Panasonic RP-91. As well as having stellar picture quality, it has the ability to scale non-anamorphic DVDs, which results in a much better picture quality than using the zoom mode on the TV.
----
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks