What's new

Another passes away: Ossie Davis (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
WOW, very, very sad. A truly great actor who never really got his due in the movies.

I just watched him yesterday playing a judge in He Hate Me.

RIP Da Mayor

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Slightly O/T:

Since we're so close to Oscar time, do you think Davis and John Vernon will be in this year's "In Memoriam" montage, or will they be in next year's?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I also think Ossie was good in "Do The Right Thing".

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
:frowning:

Besides Spike Lee's films (Do The Right Thing), he was also great as JFK in Bubba Ho-tep.

RIP, Mr. President.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Every time I saw Ossie Davis in a film or on television, he always had this aura of wisdom and grace about him whenever he interacted with cast members or whenever he spoke. He always came off as this wise sage you learned from. You could tell from his lines that he didn't simply project the words as the character, you felt that he actually believed them from his heart. That's truly rare in an actor, and Ossie Davis was genuinely one of a kind.

RIP, Mr. Davis. You will be sorely missed by all. :frowning:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It wasn't too long ago, when I watched on Fox Movie Channel "Fourteen Hours", the 1951 movie that Grace Kelly made her film debut and there was a young Ossie Davis playing a cab driver. RIP, Mr. Davis, you will be missed!

Crawdaddy

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Heres to a great man, a legend on and off the screen, to his grace, his intelligence and his wisdom...Truly one of the best.

R.I.P. Ossie Davis

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I remember him as "The Judge" in The Stand. He projected dignity without half trying.

Rest in Peace, Ossie Davis. You were a one in a million!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I remember him most as the ultra conservative father in Jungle Fever. Not the most likeable character, but a memorable turn nonetheless.

RIP.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks