1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Another Onkyo 595 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean DeMass, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

I am having an interesting thing happen with my 595. Sometimes when I turn the receiver on, I get no sound out of the speakers. For some reason it is not seeing the signal. This happens with a digital signal or an analog. Then after a bit of time, everything kicks in and it is fine. I am not sure if I have a specific setting set wrong or if there is an actual problem with my receiver. If it is my receiver, I have only another week to exchange it or get a refund.

So, has anyone else had this problem?

-Dean-

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

This used to happen on my old JVC 884 but only on digital input. I used to have to switch to DVD analog and then back again to get any sound. I never used digital connections for at least a year before I discovered it. Too late to remedy without expense; also, it never really bothered me.

However, if this is occuring on both A & D on a new receiver I would exchange it.