What's new

Another newbie planning question (1 Viewer)

John Gallimore

Auditioning
Hi guys,

My first post here as I move into the serious part of the planning phase for an HT in an L shaped room (any advice on acoustics for THAT would also be grateful).

Anyhoo, I have drawn up what I consider a satifactory room plan which includes the screen at the top of the L and the bar at the bottom right but, as it is a basement theatre, wonder what tolerences you use during planning for things like framing/insulation/drywall.

Any help would be appreciated.

J

scott>sau

Stunt Coordinator
J welcome to the forum,
Since rectangular shaped rooms are preferred, you could frame and drywall the L end to make it rectangular. The L end is like an alcove and can cause placement and acoustic problems. You can locate all the electronic equipment there and control it by a wired IR repeater system. You could build the bar in there as well. You could use a door, or a serving window with thick curtains to conceal it when needed. As far as acoustics you can do many things. www.acousticsfirst.com is a good site for materials and knowledge on sound absorbing, blocking, reflecting and diffusing. Hope your theater turns out great.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks