What's new

Another Newbe- (1 Viewer)

Tshelton99

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Hello all, Another Newbe here... Great site You all have here,
I'm sure all my Theater tech troubles are things of the past now, I hope to have talk with all of you sooner or later and become a bit more Theater savvy
myself some day, Which leeds me to the very 1st question I have for you guy's..... I recently Purchased a used Zenith DLP/LCD 44" and have been trying to get it all connected up with the best sources available, meaning! cables & wires etc,etc, I have a Satellite connection, the DLP has a multitude of connections, and some connections show a better quality of picture than others do, the best one seems to be the Coax connection,although I read that the S-video, RGB, Component are the best quality,:confused: when connecting the S-video the picture shows weird looking Gamma ray squiggles in the background and edges of the images :confused: and the Coax connection does not show these things,
Now this DLP set is 4 years old, when I purchased it, It was being displayed by showing DVD movie and the picture was Great, and even I have a DVD player connected through a set od Component cables and the CVD picture is great, it seems that only when playing through Sat. is when the DLP shows poor viewing the color is Pail and looks like the screen is hazed. the set has several pre-set lighting controls, and sport setting seem to show the best light, but actually depending on the movie I have to re-set deferent lighting for each movie, ....... anyone have any Idea what's going on ?...
that is One issue I'm having.... the other is how to use the PIP feature?
I Didn't have a owners manual for it . although I have download one from the Net.. but this is not much help as far as the PIP goes.
Thanks for any light you can shine on this subject...;)
Tim

Tshelton99

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Hmmmm? OK let me try asking in another way? what would make the TV play as though it like watching through a green tinted glass?
every now-n-then I see Neon green plasma stuff around on the background of a picture, should I need call Ghost Busters:D
I found a menu that allows me to look at how many hours on the lamp bulb.
starts a list off from 0----9 and on the zero mark- 9428... is this the hours the bulb has been used? I read in the owners manuel that there will be I light
come on the front panel when time to change the lamp, what is the chance of this being my problem? and perhaps this so called warning light does not work on the front panel?
Thanks again for anything

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You might get more replies if this was posted in the Display Devices (TVs/Projectors) Forum, instead of the Basics forum.

DLP and LCD aren't even similar, but since you said DLP several times, I guess that's what it is?
Green tint may be something to do with the color wheel, but I'm not familiar enough to say for sure. Just doesn't sound like a bulb issue. Gregg (Moderator) can probably tell you what it is. He does professional calibrations on tvs, so he knows more about them.
Good luck!

Tshelton99

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
OK , I'll try your advice and move it over to another Forum, I simply assumed this was a "basic" question, evidently not, and as far as my lack of knowledge on the knowledge of the 2 types of TV's DLP & LCD,
I went by what I was told the TV was, and then By the model No# model that it is a LCD, which has confused me somewhat?
here is the Info I have on the TV---->
.................................................. ............................................
The Zenith E44W46LCD 44 Digital Widescreen LCD TV is equipped with a 9-element lens system capable of displaying precision center-to-corner and true-to-life images. Zeniths use of advanced LCD panel technology allows for superior colour performance, enhanced contrast and product longevity.

.................................................. ......................................
again sorry for posting in wrong area. Ooops!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
No problem........not fussing, just letting you know where you should get more help on this subject. So, it's an LCD instead of DLP. LCDs don't have color wheels. Again, Gregg can probably help, and he's more likely to see the post in the Displays forum.
Good luck!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation156
Recent bookmarks