Another new home theater magazine, "Home Entertainment & Design"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frederick, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Frederick

Frederick Second Unit

I picked it up at the grocery store today. Haven't really had the time to read it thorougly, but I did flip through it. Seems rather high-end. A lot of pictures, like a thicker version of the Interiors magazine. Anybody else picked it up yet?

Freddy C.

2. ArnaudP

ArnaudP Stunt Coordinator

I got a copy last. It is a very nice magazine, kind of like A/V Interiors.

3. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

Is this the one put out by the Robb Report guys? I saw a mag at CEDIA by the RR people and it looked very nice. Noteworthy, one of the writers or editors on staff was David Birch-Jones. If you frequented the HT forums, you'll remember him as being DenonDave--a major source for Denon information ahead of the pack in bridging the internet community and the manufacturer together.

4. Frederick

Frederick Second Unit

I started reading it last night before I went to bed. Pretty good so far. They have an article on Billy Blanks (of Tae Bo fame) home and HT setup. I see that Brent guy from Home Theater Magazine has some input on it. I can't remember what he does, but his picture's in the front pages of the magazine ...

Freddy C.

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

You mean Brent Butterworth, the former editor of the earlier Home Theater magazine? Well, at least that's good news. But if this is like Interiors, does it dwell on the ridiculously, absurdly out-of-reach home bijous of the ultra-rich? Or is it anchored in the real world?

6. Jens Raethel

Jens Raethel Second Unit

Jens
    Is there a homepage for this Mag?

7. Frederick

Frederick Second Unit

From what I've seen so far, I'm thinking it's up there in the cost range. It seems to be aimed towards whole house installations as apposed to strictly HT. Billy's house was pretty nice. His theater was beautiful. They had to dig pretty far into the ground because he wanted 3 levels of theater seating. And yes, now that I think about it it was Brent Butterworth. I think he's the editor, because his pictures in the front pages of the magazine, with him introducing it and listing the contributors ...

Freddy C.

8. Frederick

Frederick Second Unit

And I'll look for a homepage when I get home tonight and list it if I find it ...

Freddy C.

9. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

I can't find a website yet, but I did find this.