What's new

Another "My sonosub is finished" post (1 Viewer)

Scott M

Agent
I'd like to thank everyone that participates in the DIY section because I think I learned more by just lurking then anything else. I just finished it and I'm amazed at the performace. I have a relatively low end system so this thing really shines in my setup. Of course now it's time to upgrade my mains :).
I'll post some pix soon(I hope). It's 165L shiva, it has 2 - 4" ports tuned around 19hz. It's 18" diameter tube somewhere around 4' high.
I've now discovered that there are thing in my viewing room that are not secured because they rattle like crazy
wink.gif
------------------
-scott

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
I know what you mean about rattling. I just finished mine and I put my wifes touch lamp with glass shades on the top. After the test :) I decided it has to go.
Our complex manager knew I was building this sub and stated that he better not hear any complaints. Oh well,,, I'm glad my townhouse is at the end of the building.
you can see 2 pics of mine here....
http://www.geocities.com/mbrewthx/Sono_sub.html
CAn't wait to see yours.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the wonderful world of true bass :) I used to laugh every time I saw a car go by buzzing like crazy from the bass. Well I guess I'm no better when my house does the same thing
biggrin.gif
I've found that weather stripping and rubber washers do wonders. My biggest rattle was the eaves on the outside of my house, I had to fix them with a bunch of rubber washers. Heres a pict of my sub.
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/so...heater/Sub.jpg
I'll look forward to seeing yours.
Dean

Scott M

Agent
Dean,
Mine looks exactly like yours! It's dark gray on the top and bottom and has shorter legs but other than that it's virtually identical and I have that same wood rack only it holds mostly VHS right now(my DVDs are on the good shelves...wow that's weird!
------------------
-scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks