What's new

another man found dead in wheel well of plane (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think the fact that they were discovered at the same airport is a concidence. They're different airlines with different points of origin.

But the whole "man in wheel well" scenario is a bit suspect. Though none of them seem to have been carrying explosives or anything else threatening, at least not that has been reported.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Though none of them seem to have been carrying explosives or anything else threatening, at least not that has been reported.>I think the fact that they were discovered at the same airport is a concidence. They're different airlines with different points of origin.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, they certainly freeze to death. On transcontinental flights, the temperature "outside" is lower than -50C.

These stowaways are would-be illegal immigrants, not terrorists. However if a (suicidal or not) terrorist would hide there - or simply leave a gift inside...

Cees

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
It's only a matter of time till terrorist get in there with Gortex and Scuba tanks, be afraid!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I've heard of this before. A few years ago someone was found in a wheel well and fell out as the plane was coming in to land. I don't know if he was dead before he hit the ground or not.

Is it possible to travel this way? I mean, people keep trying it.. so it must work, right?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
It's like that guy who shipped himself in a box... authorities say he was LUCKY to survive. Like Cees says, they probably saw something in a movie and just haven't any idea what the reality is.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
There actually was some guy who survived one of these attempts: relatively short hop, lower altitude, warm clothing, maybe a scuba tank. But people who don't know better do try these things. (Like that guy a couple of months ago who was on his first plane trip and tried to open a window - he simply had no conception of air pressure or altitude or any of that stuff.)

The latest guy to land at JFK was actually aiming for Heathrow. That was the destination of the flight he stowed away on. Because he froze solid jammed up in the wheel, well his body did not drop to the ground when the plane landed in England, where he presumably planned to get off. It didn't even fall out in New York. Instead an airline employee noticed a foul odor and found the body which had been in the wheel well for over a week.

Odds are this has nothing whatever to do with terrorism. These are just desparate people from Third World countries trying to escape to a better life. But if they were terrorists, I don't see the problem. Since they are effectively executing themselves en route and aren't actually pulling of any terrorist acts, I'd be happy to have the entire membership of al-Qaeda try this method of infilitrating the U.S. and the U.K. Osama? Final boarding call... :)

Regards,

Joe

Mike Slade

Second Unit
The Discovery Channel show More Than Human did a thing about a guy who survived travelling in the wheel well of a plane. According to discovery.com that episode comes on again 2/26 at 10pm and 2/27 at 1am

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That depends on what they carry with them and can do before they die.

Cees

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the problem is the wheel wells aren't presurized or heated. the OAT is about -30 to -40C in cruise all year round, not to mention he probably died of hypoxia before the plane climbed through 25,000 feet.
Then there's the matter of keeping out of the gear system when it comes up and not getting crushed. The ONE guy that made it, I have no idea how he made it alive.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

My point being that neither of these guys was carrying anything and they didn't manage to do anything before they died so that in the unlikely event that they were terrorists...

On second thought, never mind. When you have to explain a joke either you haven't told it right or the audience isn't going to find it funny with an explanation, either. :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks