What's new

Another LOVE thread (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by Jeff Gatie /t/213111/another-love-thread/30#post_3870384

I really wonder how old threads get resurrected, especially when not by the original poster.

But since it's re-surfaced, and 6 years have passed, I guess curious minds want to know: what happened? Did it work out all right for Mike-Ch?

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I blame google. Someone googles something, finds a thread where it's mentioned and joins HTF and comments, but never bothers to check how old the posts are. It was never like this before. I wonder if it started happening when we switched forum software...?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Paul D G said:
I blame google. Someone googles something, finds a thread where it's mentioned and joins HTF and comments, but never bothers to check how old the posts are. It was never like this before. I wonder if it started happening when we switched forum software...?
I like the fact that women say things that make no sense because they don't know what they want, but men are the ones who are stupid. :confused:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Mike_Ch

So i've met this girl and she says, "There's a difference between loving someone, and being in love".

What is the difference?

To be simple:

The latter is the first few months of dating. The former is standing by someone in good times and bad.

Emotional rush versus steadfast commitment.

"hollywood" couples married and divorced 73 days later, versus couples celebrating their 50th anniversary.

(It might be another resurrected thread, but it's not a bad one for the holiday season :)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
ACaitlan said:
and if we do say stuff that makes no sense its probably always going to be because we don't know at that moment what we want. so when we seem confusing to you, its just cause youre stupid
So men are stupid for being confused over something that makes no sense? Honey? Is that you?

rosebud

Auditioning
Real Name
Rosebud Stanley
A comment like that suggests either she doesnt have strong or sexual feelings for you but really really likes you? another option is that maybe you just read too much into it? If youve only been dating a month she is probably talking from past experience rather than anything to do with you. I think she is right though, you can love someone without having the serious, kind of out of control feelings you have when you are in love. But that is very very normal for the start of a relationship, you dont want some psycho after you! it is definitely a good sign if you want to spend more and more time together, of course people are worried when they start a relationship, because then you are really just starting to get to know each other. My advice is just keep bing nice and dont force difficut questions on her and just enjoy it, because the start of a relationship is always the most exciting time!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks