Another grammar issue...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lawson, May 8, 2002.

1. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    A couple of things in the Computers and HTPC Area description on the main page:
    If you didn't have a computer, you would not be here...
    This is nitpicking, and quite possibly offends my personal style alone, since I can't find a reference to it in any of my grammar books. I personally would use either didn't...wouldn't or did not...would not, rather than using a contraction in one instance but not the other. Jack, I'm sure, will correct me if I'm wrong. [​IMG]
    As PCs become more and more powerful, their capability also grows, one the side benefits...
    I would change the comma after grows to a semicolon, and add of: one of the side benefits...
    Also, this part of the Video Game Hardware description has always bugged me:
    Here is where you can talk about the latest in video game hardware/systems from PlayStation2, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, etc.
    PlayStation 2 and X-Box aren't the companies making the systems (like Nintendo and Sega are); they're the systems themselves. It should therefore be systems from Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega, etc.
    On second thought, put Sega first. [​IMG]
    Still on the prowl...

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    David:

All is well now. Thanks for the suggestions and the grammar corrections.

Parker