Another good one lost...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by SteveGon, May 17, 2003.

1. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I recently found out that a former co-worker passed away last December at the age of 28. Her name was Ann Wigdahl. I never had a relationship with her (though I often wish I had) and hadn't seen her in probably three years. Still, the news of her death saddened me greatly. I know it's a cliche to say this of the dead, but I remember Ann as being a genuinely nice person. Out of the literally hundreds of people I've worked with over the years, she is one of the few that stand out in my memory. I even went so far as to look up her obituary. I discovered that in the years since I'd last seen her, she'd graduated from college with a degree in chemistry. She was attending medical school at OSU and working with autistic children. I can't recall offhand the affliction that ended her life, but it really doesn't matter. She's gone and the world is less for it. We never got to know each other very well, but she'll be missed nonetheless...

2. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

You know, I am almost 25 and I have never really dealt with death. I know many people who died (including 2 grandparents, a few cousins and a couple of friend's friends) but they never were really close to me ==> I never really missed them. I dread the day I have to deal with something like that. However, I have only seen too many people go through that - only last week I was at the funeral of one of my good friend's father.

Sorry to hear about Ann, 28 is waaaaaaayyy to young to be gone [​IMG].

--
    Holadem

3. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

My father died when I was 8 and my mother when I was 22. Those are some very sad memories. My condolences.

4. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

5. SteveGon

Guys, thanks for the kind words. As I stated in my first post, I never got to know Ann as well as I would have liked, and it had been some time since I'd last talked to her, but she made an indelible impression on me simply by being the kind and upbeat person that she was. Having lost my father and an uncle in the last three years, I'm no stranger to death, but Ann's struck me in a way I hadn't expected. I can still remember her smile and laughter and it pains me to know that she's gone.

6. Jefferson

Jefferson Supporting Actor

This thread really got me.
    I have lost my mom,
    and my twin brother.
    Yes, it hurts...even when it isnt family.
    Sometimes the least likely people are the ones
    who really touch your life.

7. SteveGon

8. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

My step-brother died in the summer of 2001 and although I wasn't close to him, I was shocked at how difficult it was to work through it. He was 37.

I hope I'm not being inappropriate here, but can I ask how Anne died?

Please let me know if I'm in the wrong for asking this.

9. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Last week one of my coworkers died suddenly of heart failure. He was only 29 and seemed to be in good health.