1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Another game of name that scene!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ocean Phoenix, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

I've seen a few threads on here where someone described a scene from a movie and other people helped the person find out what the name of the movie was. I hope someone can help me this way too, because it's been driving me nuts remembering a scene from somewhere, and not being able to remember where it's from.

I vaguely remember a scene in which a very angry character storms out (of a room, possibly), yelling "I'm gonna get you, ______! (possibly a character's name), while another character (possibly a woman) covers his/her face in embarassment, knowing that the other person is not going to succeed. I assume that the other character is a villian who has already been thwarted before by the character that he is pursuing.

2. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Can you give us any more info.. Time frame...etc... This sounds like a lot of movies.........lots...........

R~

3. Ocean Phoenix

Unfortunately, that's all I can remember. If I could remember more details, I might be able to figure out where the scene is from. I think it's probably a movie for kids.

4. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

This so reminds me of "Clerks"..."Do you have that one movie with that famous actor...you know the one..."

5. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Actually, it sounds like every New Year's Eve party at my house growing up after my uncle Steve tied one too many on. [​IMG]

6. rich_d

rich_d Cinematographer

Rich

If you tell us more details (as suggested) we might be able to help you out.

1. B&w or color?

2. Where did you see this film ... TV or Movies?

3. How many years ago did you see this film?

4. Anything about the actors or their ages or their national origin?

5. Admittedly, I don't see why you're interested in finding this film based on the scene provided. As someone already mentioned it seems like so many films. So why do you want to find this film? The answer might help us out a bit.

7. Ocean Phoenix

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. To respond to the list of questions...

1. The film is definitely in colour
    2. I'm not sure if it's from TV or movies (sounds kind of "cartoony"), but there are lots of movies like that
    3. I saw it recently, which is something that makes me so frustrated that I can't remember where it's from. It must be from the 80s or 90s, because that's when a lot of the movies I watch are from.
    4. The characters are definitely white.
    5. I want to know where the scene is from because it's driving me crazy that I can't remember where it's from, because it's a really funny scene, and because for all I know, I OWN what it's from and I would like to watch it again. But unless someone here can figure out what it is, I'll have to just hope that one day I stumble upon it again.

8. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

and you have no idea what is the plot of the movie?

9. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

I'm having a similar problem. Anyone know the movie where the guy tells the girl he loves her, and then they kiss? It is driving me crazy!

*EDIT* Never mind, I remembered, it's Finding Nemo.

10. Ocean Phoenix

THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED!

I just got a bunch of DVDs (7 to be exact) and due to being incredibly lucky, the first one I watched just happened to be the one with this scene in it! And which movie was it? Drumroll, please...it was....

SPEED!

The scene takes place in the subway train. After Dennis Hopper realizes that his money has been "spiked" and hears Keanu Reeves sneaking around on top of the train, he goes crazy shooting his gun at the ceiling, and then when he runs out of ammunition, he charges out of the subway car to meet Keanu on top of it, yelling "I'M GONNA GET YOU, JACK, AHHHHHH!!!!!!!", while Sandra Bullock sits miserably, with her head down against her knees while she's handcuffed around a pole. I thought wondering where this scene comes from was going to drive me nuts for the rest of my life, and then I end up finding it in the first movie I watched after asking where it's from! Life has a funny way of working out sometimes. [​IMG]

11. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Speed...............oh, obviously. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Homer Simpson: "I saw this movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode! I think it was called...'The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down'."

[​IMG]

13. John Nguyen

John Nguyen Extra

Who hasnt seen that mnovie? its a classic