What's new

Another first impression on the Dayton Tiny Mighty II (1 Viewer)

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Well, I finally got my Dayton sub from partsexpress.com today...before I got it, I had a 50 watt Sony sub by the TV (CRT Flatscreen 38 SONY"), and a 75 watt Sony sub in the back behind the sofa. Both were not very powerful, so I really hadnt heard good sounding bass in my home theater.

I messed with the knobs of the Dayton II (which replaced the 50 watt sub by the TV), put in the mono sub cable and threw in U-571, Starship Troopers (superbit), Undercover Brother, Minority Report, and the Rundown.

U-571 (DTS)- WOW. I watched the depth charge scene with the volume up...let me tell you: I never appreciated this movie until now. The bass is amazing- so tight and loud. The grandfather clock in the other room started to clang and shake! Amazing.

Starship Troopers (DTS)- I put on the awesome abandoned outpost battle scene, as well as when the big beetle bug tunnels out of the dirt. Once again, the tight bass lends a huge amount of "weight" to the picture- awesome awesome awesome. You SVS owners out there must be in HT heaven! Shower scene also sounds nice. :D

Undercover Brother (DTS)- I chose this for the music in the beginning, as well as the final explosion. Once again the bass was tight sounding and fantastic.

Minority Report (DTS)- The awesome subaural gun scene. I played with some of the stuff on the sub, and made it sound even better. Cool.

The Rundown (DD 5.1)- I always liked DTS more, but the Rundown surprised me with the bass. Had to turn up the reciever a bit more, like always.

I cant wait to throw some more stuff at this sub! Tomorrow I will likely try Star Wars, T3, Pearl Harbor: Vista Series, Nemo...

The Dayton is an amazing sub for the price. I was planning on buying two, but one is MORE than enough. Highly recommended by a HT newbie :D

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Yup, Dayton is a kick-ass sub for the price!

I still think you should get a 2nd one and here are my reasons:
(1) 2 is always better than 1 if they're placed correctly
(2) After a while you'll get accustomed to the bass output of the Dayton such that it will eventually not be enough and you'll wanna turn it up, but the bass will get dirty as it goes louder, so a second one will help alleviate this problem as it will give you more headroom
(3) With 2 Daytons, you can run them a tad bit lower and so there's less risk of over-taxing them
(4) It's only $99! At that price, I'd get 3 if I were you!

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my new Dayton 10" sub hooked and I am very impressed. Never knew what I was missing without a dedicated sub. I plan on adding a second (such a small investment) later on!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks