Another enthusiastic thumbs up for Dahlquist

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack Dotson, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Jack Dotson

Jack Dotson Agent

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm so excited about the Dahlquist speakers that I wanted to share my experience. I was looking for moderately sized/priced floor standing speakers to get my son for Christmas. I was going for Axioms until I found all the positive reviews for Dahlquist. I took the advise of many and contacted Marc at the Audioshop, and as everyone said, he's great. I ordered the QX-9's on Monday, but FEDEX had some problems and didn't deliver until Saturday. However, Marc tracked them every step of the way and kept me informed throughout. He also applied to get my shipping cost reimbursed because they didn't meet their schedule. I just can't speak highly enough of his professionalism. My son will not be home for Christmas so I gave them to him upon arrival. We hooked them up to my system (Outlaw amp/pre-amp, Rega 2000 CD, PSB Stratus Gold I speakers)and I was floored. I've been in the audio game for over 25 years so I'm not easily impressed, but there is nothing I didn't like about these speakers. The mid-range is superb, outstanding detail and imaging, silky smooth highs and a bass that is just unbelievable for a speaker of this size. We listened all day long, and today I went back and listened to the same material with my PSB's for comparison. Guess what, I'm really missing the Dahlquist. My PSB's seem too laid back, which is what I thought I liked about them. They also aren't as revealing. This from a highly acclaimed speaker that cost about four times more. I'm seriously considering the QX-10's for my system, these speakers are just that good. I think one would be hard pressed to this line in their price range and even with speakers costing much more.
  2. Philip A

Philip A Agent

May 15, 2002
    I have the QX10's and can tell you that you will be thrilled out of the box, but even more impressed over time. Details of well-worn music keep unveiling...

It is also impressive when my wife, who doesn't particularly care about a/v, says, "Wow, Honey, I'm glad you got those speakers. I can hear the difference." You can't buy that usually!

Ditto about Marc at the Audio Shop. Glad he's getting the recognition he deserves.
  3. Alex Dydula

Alex Dydula Stunt Coordinator

Nov 1, 2002
    I have had mine for three months (a pair of QX10's, QX60C center, two QX 6's for rears and a 12 5 sub).

Using for 2 ch stereo WOW!
    and HT, AWESOME!

They are sooooooooo fine and musical, female voice is AWESOME...

Listen to the new Nora Jones CD!!!

Melts is your mouth!!

Smilng a lot

(and that Marc guy in Ottawa is a real great person!!)