1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Another DLP Front Projector Question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Michael FF, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Michael FF

Michael FF Stunt Coordinator

CRT projector images have much better background detail that do DLP's. HDTV when projected by a DLP has outstanding backround detail. DVD's when projected by a DLP have poor background detail due to "pixel breakup." Can we expect DLP technology to reach a state that equals CRT and/or approaches HDTV re projecting a DVD with background detail?

2. Michael FF

Michael FF Stunt Coordinator

Dean, I probably should have been a bit more articulate in describing the image situation. What bothers me about a DLP image (projecting a DVD) is that although the close-ups are stunning, background detail suffers. On the other end of the image spectrum is HDTV projected by a DLP which produces superior background detail. What I am wondering is, will DLP technology eventually allow one to project a DVD with HDTV quality image. (As for "pixel breakup", I sort of coined the term to try to describe the situation. [​IMG]

3. Ryan FB

Ryan FB Second Unit

4. Steve Lucas

Steve Lucas Stunt Coordinator