Another cell phone thread - Packers Coach cancels interview because of cell phone (Moved)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jim DiJoseph, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Jim DiJoseph

Jim DiJoseph Second Unit

Green Bay Packers coach cancels interview because of cell phone interruptions

I realize this isn't specifically a movie topic, but it certainly relates to a significant movie-related problem that we have been discussing for years. I think Sherman did the right thing walking out of that interview, and I wish more public figures would do the same. His explanation was also spot on - lack of respect.

I know this topic gets a lot of lip service here, so I'm not looking to start a thread for all of us to bitch and moan about cell phone use in theaters. However, I think if Sherman's attitude and actions spilled into other areas of our lives, it might positively impact our moviegoing experience.

2. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I agree completely. Sometimes it takes people with power to lay the groundwork.

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

Why is this in the Movies area? Are they adapting the cell phone incident into a film?