What's new

"another" carfax check..please!! (1 Viewer)

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
I did a check, but the carfax check earlier seems way more detailed than what I got..anyway...here is the Vin YS3DF55K4Y2034118

Thanks!! u pick it up in a couple days

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i have nothing to add to this thread, but i just wanted to express my liking for your signature, john spencer. you know there's nothing to steal from my mom and craig.

CJ

David.N

Agent
:frowning: Not so sure about carfax. I was hit by a drunk driver in his work vehicle. The police arrested him and his buddies because they found pot and measurement scales in their car. (that's another story) When I got my car fixed, at a dealership (well known large one in the Kansas City area) I asked about carfax. I told them I was just getting into the car market for a new car and wondered what would show-up on carfax about this $3000 repair. He said "nothing. We don't turn-in any info to carfax and other reporting agencies unless it is totalled or nearly totalled."

All I wanted to know was if my trade-in value would be reflective of vehicle history. Apparently not......

Buyer BEWARE!

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Not so sure about carfax.
Ditto. I bought it for a month, ran my car which had a serious accident and nothing showed up. In fact, I actually never found a problem on any car I ran including my friends 1988 Ford Bronco which has a rebuilt engine. I canceled my subscription after running numerous cars out of the classifieds and all of them had glowing reports. YMMV, no pun intended.

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure, but does a car have to be reported totaled to have negative info show up on carfax? That's what I thought.

I ran some cars through there as well recently. I did get one car come up as having possible odometer fraud. They showed the licensing history and from one reporting to the next the odometer went down by 4000 miles. Yikes!

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
I have an appointment with a saab technician to go thru the car on Monday, and I will have my brother go thru it this weekend to check for any possible boddy problems. While carfax may not be perfect, it is certainly better than not having checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks