Another Car Diagnosis Thread.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mike Wladyka, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Mike Wladyka

Mike Wladyka Supporting Actor

Hey guys, just wondering if you could help me figure out what or if is wrong with my car.

It is 2000 ford zx2. There is a noise coming from the engine area. It sounds like a hole in the exhaust, but I not sure it is because I just had the exhaust replaced about a year ago and the noise doesn't start until I reach about 25 mph. As speed increases the pitch increases and the noise seems to get louder, wheels?

And lastly, the noise goes away when I turn right. It doesn't have to be a sharp right, just staying in one lane weaving back and forth in the lane will make the noise go away. The noise does coming back once I have straightened out or turn/veer left.

Up until yesterday, I thought the noise was coming from passenger side, but yesterday it sounded like it was driver side, and this morning it sounded middle. Not sure if that makes a difference because we all know that sound can be tricky.

I know a decent amount about cars, but this has me stumped.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

First guess would be a wheel bearing, but could have something to do with the steering rack.

Brent

3. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

Sounds like maybe a c.v. joint.