What's new

Another "can you name this movie?" thread (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I was talking to someone last night, and they were telling me about a movie they once saw on TV, late. It sounds like an awful movie, and much as I don't understand the appeal of watching bad movies, I'm curious about this one. Bear in mind, I never saw this film, so this information is all I know.

It apparently looked like it was probably made in the 1960s, it was in colour, and is probably a Dutch film (it was dubbed, and all signs in the film were in the Dutch language).

It was a horror film about a killer elevator. In one scene, a blind man walks into the elevator shaft, not realising the elevator was not there. He died.

In another scene, people investigating the death are looking into the shaft, when the elevator suddenly descends and decapitates them.

In a third scene, a little girl's ball rolls away from her and into the shaft. She walks towards it, the audience gasps in horror at the possibility of the girl dying, when her father calls her back to go with him.

If there is anyone out there who would have any idea what this might be, I would appreciate any information.

Thanks.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, reading the user reviews,there are references to bad dubbing, lots of signs in Dutch, a blind man death, a decapitation, and a little girl.

Almost certainly the one. Thanks all.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, no doubt, it was De Lift ("The Elevator"). No other Dutch movie fits the description.

Only so, so film. Much talked about when it first came out, and still a bunch of faithful devotees.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks