What's new

Another Boston Acoustics Fan (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Geoff, I can't comment on the VRS Pro, but I do have the VR-MX surrounds and they sound great. I have them setup for the "diffuse" setting parallel to my sofa and about 8 feet up on the wall. Not ideal placement but works out fine. I like the "diffuse" setting, it give me a sense that the sounds are all around me, can't pin-point the sounds to the speakers which is want you want. When watching TPM, Pearl Harbor and Behind Enemy Lines, sounds pan seamlessly around the room. This also has something to do with the fact that I have VRM series speakers all around so they are timbre matched. I'm sure they'll work out fine with your VR-950 mains and VR-10 center.

Good luck.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i got a tweeter "summer buying guide". there was a "system" consisting of a pair of vr950, vr910 center, and a pair of vr-mx.

Darrell_B

Auditioning
Hi Geoff,

Your setup is very similiar to mine. I saw that you were looking for a pair of VRS Pros. I got mine at Tweeter a couple of years ago as "open box". I checked their website and they do still show a couple of pair that "may" be available at stores in Auburn, MA (508-721-2270) and Manchester, NH (603-644-8987). You should try to contact them. They could ship them to you and if there's a problem you could return them to a local Tweeter (do you guys have Tweeter in TX?). Anyway, it's a shot. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks