What's new

Another Ben Casey Request (1 Viewer)

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi all,

It appears that Paramount/CBS is reopening its TV library with the recent blu ray release of all TAGS seasons.
Now if they could just open their eyes and wallets and finish releasing unedited Ben Casey episodes !!!
I don’t even care if the prints are restored or even blu ray. Just finish it for God sakes. So many fans are waiting and like myself, are frustrated by the crappy shows (which shall remain un-named) that are being released ahead of it.
The first season sold pretty well despite the fact that there was no real effort put into restoration.
A full, all seasons release would be an awesome Christmas gift for fans.

John

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Hi all,

It appears that Paramount/CBS is reopening its TV library with the recent blu ray release of all TAGS seasons.
Now if they could just open their eyes and wallets and finish releasing unedited Ben Casey episodes !!!
I don’t even care if the prints are restored or even blu ray. Just finish it for God sakes. So many fans are waiting and like myself, are frustrated by the crappy shows (which shall remain un-named) that are being released ahead of it.
The first season sold pretty well despite the fact that there was no real effort put into restoration.
A full, all seasons release would be an awesome Christmas gift for fans.

John
Hi John,

That would be great wouldn't it? I applaud you for never losing hope.

Just a question. How do you determine the sales success for this or any other series for that matter? Is there a web address that shows this kind of information? Thanks!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

It may be because picture quality was in the back of everyone's mind when it came to something like this-- this was an influential medical series of the 60s (like Dr. Kildare was on NBC at the same time, w/Richard Chamberlain in the title role), and it was something a lot of classic television fans wanted to see.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
It may be because picture quality was in the back of everyone's mind when it came to something like this-- this was an influential medical series of the 60s (like Dr. Kildare was on NBC at the same time, w/Richard Chamberlain in the title role), and it was something a lot of classic television fans wanted to see.

It's simply not fair that Dr. Kildare gets this treatment ...

... and Ben Casey does not!

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi John,

That would be great wouldn't it? I applaud you for never losing hope.

Just a question. How do you determine the sales success for this or any other series for that matter? Is there a web address that shows this kind of information? Thanks!
Neal,

There is no official site that I know of that tracks the sales success of a TV series.
I do know 3 people that had to wait 4 weeks for volume one of their Ben Casey DVD set when it first came out.
Amazon told them it was back ordered. I’m assuming, maybe wrongly, that this indicated good sales. Also viewed many positive reviews of this series there.

John

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
The season one release, both volumes, looks good enough for me, as witnessed by my screen caps...
Ben Casey 43.JPG

Ben Casey 16.JPG

Ben Casey 45.JPG

Ben Casey 50.JPG

Ben Casey 46.JPG

Ben Casey 42.JPG

Ben Casey 33.JPG

Ben Casey 36.JPG

Ben Casey 40.JPG

Ben Casey 39.JPG

Ben Casey 28.JPG

Ben Casey 12.JPG

Ben Casey 15.JPG

Ben Casey 8.JPG

Ben Casey 1.JPG

Ben Casey 2.JPG

Ben Casey 3.JPG

Ben Casey 4.JPG

Ben Casey 26.JPG

Ben Casey 27.JPG

One of the truly great 1960s B+W TV dramas...it would be nice if we had the rest of the series at hand...but B+W TV drama has always been the most neglected genre, and the hardest sell...

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
bmasters9,

I think you know I would order it in a heartbeat no matter what the format. 😉
Can’t believe how neglected this award winning series has been.

John

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I see-- however, if you had a Blu player, and it was on Blu, would you do it?
I have no plans to invest in blu ray, so for me it's DVD or nothing. I have the complete run of Medical Center on DVD, would also like to have Ben Casey complete, it's probably unlikely to happen but who knows maybe one day it will be released.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I have no plans to invest in blu ray, so for me it's DVD or nothing. I have the complete run of Medical Center on DVD, would also like to have Ben Casey complete, it's probably unlikely to happen but who knows maybe one day it will be released.

There are a lot of other people who feel likewise about their favorite shows also cut short in an untimely fashion, rest assured!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
My goodness are you missing a lot. You can get a GREAT BluRay player for as little as $60 bucks!

bmasters9,

I think you know I would order it in a heartbeat no matter what the format. 😉
Can’t believe how neglected this award winning series has been.

John
Seriously John you really would?
icon_e_whistling.gif

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I recorded them decades ago when they ran in New York late at night. A few episodes they skipped so I had to pick them up in trade elsewhere. Transferred them to DVD at least 15 years ago.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
My goodness are you missing a lot. You can get a GREAT BluRay player for as little as $60 bucks!
I appreciate the suggestion but I don't think I am missing much. At this stage of the game I'm not investing and putting money into another format, DVD works just fine for me. I still use VHS also and have hundreds of tapes in my collection, mostly black and white B movies and serials.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I recorded them decades ago when they ran in New York late at night. A few episodes they skipped so I had to pick them up in trade elsewhere. Transferred them to DVD at least 15 years ago.
It's good that you recorded them. Reminds me of when I recorded Bowery Boys movies in the 1980's from WGN TV in Chicago, the airings were sourced from 16mm prints. Recorded them originally on VHS then later transferred them to DVD. I still have the recordings and watch them occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks