Another Belly release??

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bolivar G, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

I was looking at digital bits's upcoming DVD art and they have Belly special edition listed as coming out this tues.
    Is this a new transfer?? I havent heard anything about this new release. Just wondering if the picture and sound is better and worth upgrading??
    Thanks for any info.

2. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

No Info?[​IMG]

3. Robert Franklin

Robert Franklin Stunt Coordinator

This will be the Director's Cut that Hype Williams wanted to do in the first place. It may be a new transfer, but I know that it has some more scenes that the studio didn't want in the film at first. As I first listened to the commentary that was provided on the first release, Mr. Williams said that he wanted to do a Director's Cut sometime in the near future. This looks like the studio gave him his wish. I will be picking this one up sometime next week. Not to mention it has DTS!! The picture was awesome on the first release, I will be satisfied if they use the same transfer or a better one.

4. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

Oh a director's cut. THats good enough for me to double dip. Thanks for the info[​IMG]

5. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

I think that i'll have to help myself to a double dip myself. I really dug the way Hype Williams and the Cinematographer lensed this movie. It reminded me Gordon Parks old black & white Photography.

6. Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson Second Unit

Bling-Bling

7. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

Any word on what the changes are? Special features?

8. Robert Franklin

Robert Franklin Stunt Coordinator

It looks like it comes with a CD release. So, it may not be a Director's Cut after all. I couldn't find if there were a Director's Cut. But, according to DVDPlanet, it comes with a CD, and it adds DTS to the DVD! Sorry if I got everyone excited about the Director's Cut, but if you listen the the first version's commentary Hype Williams does say that he wanted to do a Director's Cut. I guess I got a little ahead of myself.

Here is the link:
    http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_lis...204&format=DVD
    Robert

9. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

So what are the changes between this release and the other one?? I hope its not just that they added a CD.