Another Beginner needs expert help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Quillen, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Hey everyone,
    I finally made the jump and bought myself a used Outlaw 1050. As a relatively poor college student, this will set me back quite a bit (esp. with the holidays coming up...). But the guy I'm buying the Outlaw from says he is also selling a pair of Axiom M3Ti (in 'excellent' condition) speakers for $160. That price is pretty attractive to my depraved wallet, the little research I've done on them shows they are good speakers (I think?), and he claims "they are a great match with the Outlaw".

So, my question is, should I jump at this offer now, or wait and see what else comes up down the road? As it is now, the Outlaw will probably sit and collect a little dust until I start getting some money again - so are these speakers so good and at such a good deal that I should jump out of my budget to get them now, or are there speakers a lot better that might be able to find used (for maybe a little more money) down the road a bit?
    And if you think I should wait, any suggestions on what speakers to look for would be a help.
    Thanks a lot,
    JQ

2. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    I can't speak for the Axioms but since you are on a budget I would condsider the Paradigm performance or monitor line. They are a great value and their performance is very good. The Outlaw is another great value and it would make an excellent choice.

3. Trey Jones

Trey Jones Stunt Coordinator

The Axioms are very good. I have paradigm speakers and after hearing the axioms, I may have gone that route over my paradigm Monitor 9's CC-350 and mini monitors.

M3Ti is at least on par with the Paradigm Mini Monitor. Great price too.

4. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

I'd get both, especially as they have a proven track record. Doubtful you find a better deal without buying used. Even the Paradigm Atoms will run you $200.