Another bass shaker question

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jason Co, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

If you are not using all the amps in your receiver, is it possible to connect bass shakers to the receiver instead of a separate amp? I am using a Denon 3802 and my mains and center are using separate amplification. Just wondering.....

Jason

2. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

It is possible, but you will want to make sure that those channels are receiving the LFE signal or you will not get proper LFE playback from your Bass Shaker.

3. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

Dbl post.

4. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

Reviving this post....anyone have a little more detailed information for me? I have searched a bit, but haven't really found what I was looking for.

Thanks,
    jason

5. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Trevor said it quite well....

While driving your shakers with any channel on your receiver, the point is to make sure ONLY the LFE signal is going to the shakers.....You may be able to direct the LFE to one of those other channels, but you may not be able to limit the other signals while doing so....It is far better and simplier to use a cheap amp being fed from the lfe channel to drive shakers.
    Good luck... shakers are worth it....

6. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

Thanks Donnie for the reply. Lemme ask one more question. My set up is also my living room. Of course if you ask my wife it is living room first [​IMG] . I am curious about wire managemnet running to the couch and Laz-boy. How do those of you without a dedicated theater manage your shaker wires?

J

7. Mike Keith

Mike Keith Second Unit

I fished the wire under the carpet and made a small slit in the carpet under the couch where the wire comes through to connect to a pigtail of wire on the bottom of the couch. Then I put a disconnect at this junction so I could move the couch in the future with out cutting the wire.