What's new

Another Artisan rebate (why do I bother?) (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Well, I picked up Young Guns SE for $11.99 at Walmart and was slight swayed by the $5 rebate offer.

Then I remembered getting screwed on the Glen Garry GlenRoss rebate. You see, I 'forgot' to send in the non-existent proof of purchase on Glen Garry (even though they did have receipt). What a joke.

Not sure if I should waste another 37 cents on Atrisan rebates...

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator
Since GGR had no proof of purchase, I stuck the top seal sticker thing (with the name of the title) on an index card and included a note saying that I couln't find a POP, so I was including the sticker. It worked just fine, I got the rebate pretty quickly.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I will never buy another Artisan title period. I sent a detailed note stating that not POP existed, but included everything else. In return, I got a form letter stating that the requirements were not met and they kept everything else.

I've had about 5 too many problems with this company, and have reached by breaking point.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I didn't see anything on the Young Guns rebate saying they wanted a proof of purchase from the DVD case. The only thing required was an original dated cash register receipt(s) from a store, or a packing slip(s) for internet purchases with the rebate form. And also the purchase of another selected DVD title listed on the form.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Well, I was somewhat relieved to see that this offer did not require two PoPs.

But I bought Stargate UE over a month ago (other title I'm using), somehow I figure they'll find a reason to reject. We'll see.

Porfirio

Second Unit

I've done the same thing in the past (used the top seal only), but it wasn't for rebates. I did it for the "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" offeres from Artisan and Columbia/Tri-Star. I received the movies without any problem.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Did anyone receive a rejection notice for the Young Guns rebate? I received mine in the mail today. The reasons stated for the rejection were because the purchase was made before or after the rebate offer. And the orginal/copy of rebate form was not complete or not included.

Fortunately I was able to do a search at Google and find a website and 800 number for the company doing the rebates. And now they are going to honor the $5 rebate after talking to a customer service rep today.

Their actual reason for the rejection were that I made the purchase one day before the offer began, and the packing slip for Young Guns didn't include the price. They said the offer is valid for purchases made from 4/22 to 7/22. However, I didn't see anything on the rebate form mentioning the start date or price requirements. It only mentioned the last day of the offer on 7/22 and to include a packing slip if the purchase was made on the internet.

I purchased the DVDs from Deep Discount and they never put the prices on their slips. Anyway they just asked me what I paid and said expect the rebate in about 6-8 weeks. Here is the link to the rebate site for anyone interested.

http://www.expressgroup.com/checkstatus.asp

Frank@N

Screenwriter
They said the offer is valid for purchases made from 4/22 to 7/22. However, I didn't see anything on the rebate form mentioning the start date or price requirements.
Looks like Artisan BS is alive and well. If they had mentioned the actual rules of the rebate in the tear-off thingy (which I read in the store), more people probably would have passed on Young Guns: SE.

Then again, maybe I can call CS and beg for my rebate...

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
There was supposed to be a rebate with purchase of The Temptations and Standing in the Shadows of Motown. But Temptations had no proof of purchase. I used the security sticker. We'll see what happens.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
There was supposed to be a rebate with purchase of The Temptations and Standing in the Shadows of MNMotown. But Temptations had no proof of purchase. I used the security sticker. We'll see what happens.
I think the same company is doing the rebates for these DVDs that did Young Guns $5 rebate. So you could check your rebate status or contact the company from the link I provided several posts above if you have questions or problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks