Another Artisan rebate (why do I bother?)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by [email protected], Apr 29, 2003.

1. Frank@N

[email protected] Screenwriter

Well, I picked up Young Guns SE for $11.99 at Walmart and was slight swayed by the $5 rebate offer.

Then I remembered getting screwed on the Glen Garry GlenRoss rebate. You see, I 'forgot' to send in the non-existent proof of purchase on Glen Garry (even though they did have receipt). What a joke.

Not sure if I should waste another 37 cents on Atrisan rebates...

2. GrantM

GrantM Stunt Coordinator

Since GGR had no proof of purchase, I stuck the top seal sticker thing (with the name of the title) on an index card and included a note saying that I couln't find a POP, so I was including the sticker. It worked just fine, I got the rebate pretty quickly.

3. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I will never buy another Artisan title period. I sent a detailed note stating that not POP existed, but included everything else. In return, I got a form letter stating that the requirements were not met and they kept everything else.

I've had about 5 too many problems with this company, and have reached by breaking point.

4. BrianP

BrianP Supporting Actor

I didn't see anything on the Young Guns rebate saying they wanted a proof of purchase from the DVD case. The only thing required was an original dated cash register receipt(s) from a store, or a packing slip(s) for internet purchases with the rebate form. And also the purchase of another selected DVD title listed on the form.

5. Frank@N

Well, I was somewhat relieved to see that this offer did not require two PoPs.

But I bought Stargate UE over a month ago (other title I'm using), somehow I figure they'll find a reason to reject. We'll see.

6. Porfirio

Porfirio Second Unit

I've done the same thing in the past (used the top seal only), but it wasn't for rebates. I did it for the "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" offeres from Artisan and Columbia/Tri-Star. I received the movies without any problem.

7. BrianP

BrianP Supporting Actor

Did anyone receive a rejection notice for the Young Guns rebate? I received mine in the mail today. The reasons stated for the rejection were because the purchase was made before or after the rebate offer. And the orginal/copy of rebate form was not complete or not included.

Fortunately I was able to do a search at Google and find a website and 800 number for the company doing the rebates. And now they are going to honor the $5 rebate after talking to a customer service rep today.

Their actual reason for the rejection were that I made the purchase one day before the offer began, and the packing slip for Young Guns didn't include the price. They said the offer is valid for purchases made from 4/22 to 7/22. However, I didn't see anything on the rebate form mentioning the start date or price requirements. It only mentioned the last day of the offer on 7/22 and to include a packing slip if the purchase was made on the internet.

I purchased the DVDs from Deep Discount and they never put the prices on their slips. Anyway they just asked me what I paid and said expect the rebate in about 6-8 weeks. Here is the link to the rebate site for anyone interested.

http://www.expressgroup.com/checkstatus.asp

8. Frank@N

9. BrianP

BrianP Supporting Actor

Received my $5 rebate check today.

10. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

There was supposed to be a rebate with purchase of The Temptations and Standing in the Shadows of Motown. But Temptations had no proof of purchase. I used the security sticker. We'll see what happens.

11. BrianP

BrianP Supporting Actor