What's new

Another annoying Apple scam call (1 Viewer)

Scott Voth

Stunt Coordinator
I get the extended car warranty calls all the time. They want to sell me an extended warranty for my Subaru - the thing is I have never owned a Subaru. One time I decided to pick up and have it out with them but that was just a big waste of time as the next day it just started over again. I've also had the ones saying I owe them money for a pay day loan and they are sending the cops to pick me up. They throw out a partial SS # which isn't mine. The latest is emails from McAffee that my virus protection has expired and I have to renew. I've never used McAffee plus the address the email is coming from has nothing to do with McAffee. There's a warm place in hell for all these clowns.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I get the extended car warranty calls all the time. They want to sell me an extended warranty for my Subaru - the thing is I have never owned a Subaru. One time I decided to pick up and have it out with them but that was just a big waste of time as the next day it just started over again. I've also had the ones saying I owe them money for a pay day loan and they are sending the cops to pick me up. They throw out a partial SS # which isn't mine. The latest is emails from McAffee that my virus protection has expired and I have to renew. I've never used McAffee plus the address the email is coming from has nothing to do with McAffee. There's a warm place in hell for all these clowns.
All of my recent HP computer purchases come with a trial of MacAfee and when you register the computer with HP they send the email to MacAfee. As well, if you download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) DC -Unless you uncheck the items - it will download two MacAfee programs - it's possible that's where it came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks