What's new

Another Adventure (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Stacy saw her oncologist yesterday. Her DNA results are all good. Her lymph nodes were clear and the tumor was small and caught early. Because she had a double mastectomy she brought her likelihood of a reoccurnce to 10% or less. She will be taking a daily pill for 5 years the suppresses hormones. This is being done since the cancer is associated with hormones.

So, there’s going to be many hot flashes in our future and perhaps some occasional irritability. I’d say pray for me, but I’m an atheist. :lol:;)

We are both happy with the results. Remember to get your screenings. They can save your life. They have saved two lives in this household.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Stacy saw her oncologist yesterday. Her DNA results are all good. Her lymph nodes were clear and the tumor was small and caught early. Because she had a double mastectomy she brought her likelihood of a reoccurnce to 10% or less. She will be taking a daily pill for 5 years the suppresses hormones. This is being done since the cancer is associated with hormones.

So, there’s going to be many hot flashes in our future and perhaps some occasional irritability. I’d say pray for me, but I’m an atheist. :lol:;)

We are both happy with the results. Remember to get your screenings. They can save your life. They have saved two lives in this household.
Johnny - This is super fantastic news!

My wife had to have a full hysterectomy in her early 30s which put her into very early menopause so I know ALL about the hot flashes and irritability. Advice: Turn the air down as low as humanly possible and buy a very warm coat.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yesterday afternoon Stacy went out to get the mail. She was wearing these funky flip flops, stepped on the curb badly, fractured her right fibula and fell. The fibula is a long non,weight bearing bone in the lower leg. We went to urgent care, they splinted it, and we will see a orthopedist this week.

The nurse who saw her didn’t think it would require surgery. 4-6 weeks to heal.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So it’s time for an update. Back on 5/19/20 I hit a peak high of 230 lbs. I didn’t like that at all and since then I have been intentionally losing weight. I’m down to 203 and aiming for 180. All this time I’ve been shrinking but my belly hasn’t. I’ve suspected something was wrong.

Then last Tuesday I got a spinal injection for my bad back and for that I laid on my stomach. It was like laying on half an inflated basketball. The belly wasn’t soft like I would expect. Friday I had a CT scan and got the results yesterday. I have about 3 liters (about 3/4 gallon) of fluid in my abdomen, perhaps as an encapsulated cyst.

At least it’s not a tumor, jeez it would be huge if it were. The doc sent the scan to my hernia surgeon and I called them this morning and left a message. Now I’m waiting for them to call back. I’m hoping this is a situation where they aspirate the fluid out via a syringe instead of surgery. Either, it’s gotta be done.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They can drain it, but I'd think without some sort of surgical procedure to remove the cyst sac it would just start to refill. (I'm not a doctor; this comment mostly comes from watching Dr. Pimple Popper on cable where the big concern with cyst removal seems to be removing the entire sac so the cyst does not come back again.)

Though maybe it's something that can be done via laproscopy, which would be minimally invasive.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had an appointment today with my surgeon who did my hernia surgeries. They told me when I made the appointment that he might call in sick. He had already gone home on Tuesday with a stomach bug and he did call in sick. So my appointment is now next Wed.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had my procedure today to drain the cyst. I wasn’t totally out, but in a twilight mode of anesthesia. I found i like that mode, I experienced no pain and was unaware when the drain was inserted. I didn’t wake up with the overwhelming lethargy with full anesthesia. They got 2 liters out of me and left the drain in for a week. We will be recording out much comes out for a week.

I weighed myself before and after and I lost 3.6 pounds.. Probably a little more because they gave me some OJ and cheese and crackers to snack on when I was done.

I no longer look like I’m trying to smuggle watermelon out of the supermarkets ;)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I had my procedure today to drain the cyst. I wasn’t totally out, but in a twilight mode of anesthesia. I found i like that mode, I experienced no pain and was unaware when the drain was inserted. I didn’t wake up with the overwhelming lethargy with full anesthesia. They got 2 liters out of me and left the drain in for a week. We will be recording out much comes out for a week.

I weighed myself before and after and I lost 3.6 pounds.. Probably a little more because they gave me some OJ and cheese and crackers to snack on when I was done.

I no longer look like I’m trying to smuggle watermelon out of the supermarkets ;)
Wishing you well man. All the best.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Can’t remember if I posted this. In November of 2019 I came down with the flu, and after I kicked it, I had extreme fatigue. It became chronic fatigue. I’ve seen my PCP more than once about it. Tried testosterone shots. No improvement.

Then I saw a neurologist because my left hand had a tremor. First time I saw him, it was not Parkinson’s. A follow up and he changed his diagnosis to, “you got it.” He prescribed a few medications for the Parkinson’s. They only make my chronic fatigue worse. I’m not taking any of them now. I am convinced I do have the big P.

I looked on medicare site for chronic fatigue and a bunch of doctors all showed up, all psychiatrists. I asked my PCP to give me a referral to one, whom I saw this last Friday. He was the first doctor who showed any concern or empathy for my fatigue.

He put me on the lowest dose of adderall there is, 5 mg 1-3 times daily. To start he said to take half a tab twice a day with the last dose at 3pm. I got the RX late Friday so i only took one half tab. I was feeling better before the day was out. I’m not ready to run a marathon, but the adderall is helping. I took two today and have improved. I’m going to try 3 half tabs tomorrow. I plan to take this slow.

From November 2019 till now I have been a combination of fatigued and miserable. The misery is gone the fatigue is improving. I’ve got a follow up in a month and will talk to the psychiatrist about my future with adderall. A google showed that the adderall over the long term can lose it’s effectiveness.

To be clear, I’d rather control my fatigue than my tremors, at least at the moment.

Every time something happens to me it becomes more clear that I picked the right life’s partner. Stacy is my love and my Rock that I rely on. She is so much stronger than I could ever be. I am so blessed with her.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Every time something happens to me it becomes more clear that I picked the right life’s partner. Stacy is my love and my Rock that I rely on. She is so much stronger than I could ever be. I am so blessed with her.

I LOVE THAT! Probably because the same is true for me about Peg. I can really relate.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This Wednesday I get an ultrasound and chemical stress test of my heart. I must be desperate because I’m hoping they find something (that can be fixed) that’s causing my chronic fatigue.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All the best, Johnny.

I understand what you're saying. A buddy of mine was just hospitalized with some heart issues, had a stent put in and now realizes all his complaints (which he was putting on post-Covid complications) were off-base. He feels GREAT now.

I wish that you can feel GREAT soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks