What's new

Another Adventure (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
2nd day updare. I feel a little better than yesterday. Just saw my Doctor and u put me on an unrestricted diet, just don’t go over bed.

I did get a biologic (porcine) and she says when it’s absorbed it will turn into scar tissue. I’m happy with the progress.
I asked my wife if she wante to go out on Tuesday for a movie. She pointed out I’d be in no condition to go it as I won’thave my epidural. Only pain pill. Just like a wife to think of the important details.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Not as tip top today. Perhaps the continued use of epidural is doing that. Before I can be discharged that,must perform 3 duties: 1) normal temp, check. Urinate,check. And I must have anormal BM. Nope.. At any rate he wants me in the hospital until Monday.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wow, what I'm going through seems so minor.

Broke my wrist January 2nd, but x-rays last week showed the bones had healed. Now they're thinking it's torn ligaments.

Swollen, painful, and huge temperature difference compared to my right wrist.

Start physical therapy this week and an MRI Thursday, possible surgery to follow (I hope not). I just want the whole situation to end.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I returned home from the hospital yesterday (Wednesday). The hernia is repaired and Ive had the least post operative pain ever. Today, I have taken no oral pain med and don’t need it.

However, not all goes well, it never does for me. My breathing is compromised. My pulse-ox levels were two low and they sent me home with home oxygen. I’ve got this big, BIG box that is concentrating oxygen which I am breathing. I’m supposed to get something more portable but the doctors and insurance (Medicare) have to agree on what to do, so When that will be decided I don’t know.

My ability to do anything, with being exhausted, is worse than ever. They think this is temporary and will get better.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have waited to post this, but now there is another adventure ahead of Stacy and I. Stacy has been diagnosed with breast cancer. It was found through a yearly breast exam, followed by more thorough tests. It has been caught early, and it small, and not aggressive. Stacy has elected to have a double mastectomy to reduce the chance of reoccurrence.

This has occurred late and life which means it’s likely not genetic, but the dna test results are not back. We are not waiting for the results anyway. I told Stacy I support whatever her decision will be.

The surgery is tomorrow and she comes home after one night in the hospital.

I’m more nervous about this surgery than I was about my own.

If any out there have any doubt have the value of regular checkups, just check with us. Regular checkups have saved me from colon cancer and now my wife from breast cancer. If you wait until you have symptoms, it’s going to be “adios muchachos”.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I have waited to post this, but now there is another adventure ahead of Stacy and I. Stacy has been diagnosed with breast cancer. It was found through a yearly breast exam, followed by more thorough tests. It has been caught early, and it small, and not aggressive. Stacy has elected to have a double mastectomy to reduce the chance of reoccurrence.

This has occurred late and life which means it’s likely not genetic, but the dna test results are not back. We are not waiting for the results anyway. I told Stacy I support whatever her decision will be.

If any out there have any doubt have the value of regular checkups, just check with us. Regular checkups have saved me from colon cancer and now my wife from breast cancer. If you wait until you have symptoms, it’s going to be “adios muchachos”.
One Day at a Time. Best wishes and hang on - better days ahead.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

All the best to you both, Johnny!

The Mrs is getting cancer detection related bloodwork done at the beginning of next month. Previous tests have thankfully come back negative, but it never hurts to keep on top of things!

CHEERS! :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

indifferent0014.gif
Ugh. Stay strong, Johnny. Take good care of each other. That's the best thing you've each got going!

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just now saw what’s going on, @Johnny Angell . I hope your better half continues to improve. Stay strong for her.
Thank you.
The recovery process is a day to day process. The biopsy results on her lymph nodes was negative and that’s very good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks