What's new

Another 4805 thread (1 Viewer)

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
There is a very good chance I'll be getting this pj for my birthday coming up. It is currently at my local costco for $1399, but it comes with an instant manufactures rebate of $175, thus making the price $1224.00 For this price it includes the 76" screen as well as the 30' SVideo cable.
Ok, here's the deal. I'll be sitting about 12' away with the projector around the 10' 6" mark for a 76" picture. I have a good bit of ambient light during the day, but at night light is not a problem. I will be using this for regular tv viewing (some SD, some HD), DVD's, and XBox.
I HAVE read all articles at projectorcentral.com as well as other places. I think I will really like this pj for a good while, at least until I can get a dedicated HT.

Is there any reason at all I should not get this deal?

terence

Supporting Actor

No! I think it's a great deal!

You have a lot of light control issues doing the day. I would try......

1. Paint the walls in the room a darker color to cut down light reflections. It will do wonders for PQ!

2. Add some drapes/curtains to help out the heavy duty blinds contain incoming light.

3. Go with a grey screen material to help with PQ doing the day. I would ask for various screen samples (screen companies you are interesting in) to see what will work best in your enviroment.

Depending on how much light you contain from 1-3, you may be able to go with a white color screen material. I think you will be fine after some changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks