What's new

Another 45TX question.... (1 Viewer)

On my Pioneer 24TX, when you had the proper set up, you could go into THX mode, and you'd actually see the THX logo light up on the front pannel of the 24TX.

The 45TX is also THX Select, but I'll be darned if I can select the THX mode....I certainly don't see the THX logo light up on my 45TX pannel display...am I doing something wrong? :frowning:

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
John,

Near the lower left corner of the remote are the "mode" buttons. press the button that says "Movie". Now press the arrow button below it. Should cycle thru the various dsp modes and decoding formats with each press of the arrow button until you get "THX Cinema" on the display (for 2 channel sources) For DD or DTS it will display the appropriate DD or DTS format plus THX. Once you get THX on the display, you must press the "enter" button in the mode button group to select that listening mode. See page 47 in your owner's manual for a description of the different dsps and page 90 for instructions on setting the base processing mode (DPL, DPLII, or Neo 6) used for THX cinema mode when playing back 2 channel sources.

Pages 28-34 outline the functions of the front panel and remote controls and the display on the receiver's front panel.

I've had my 45TX for 4 months now and still find the manual to be a valuable resource and am still finding cool new features on this receiver.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I leave it on THX Cinema most of the time. I have PLII selected as default THX Cinema base processing for 2 channel stuff.

I have 7.1 speakers and leave the back surround channel mode in the forced "on" position all the time--Most DDEX dvds aren't flagged to trigger the auto surround back mode, and I've liked the matrixed back surround effect it does on all the 5.1 sources I've tried.

I also use the music channels on DirecTV for background music when not watching tv or movies, and use DPLII Music mode for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks