What's new

Annoyingly situated Matrix glitch. (Region 4) (1 Viewer)

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
In the the scene where Neo makes Agent Smith explode
, he breaths in deeply. Just when he exhales and the walls wobble, one of the frames is all messed up. I've checked this using different discs and different players with the same result. However it was when the disc first came out.

Is anyone aware of this glitch?

Does anyone know if this error has been corrected?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This probably should be in the "other region" section but no one really goes there (I know I don't) and I really want this question answered.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I just watched this and was specifically looking for this glitch but I could not find any. All looked fine. The walls rippled after he breathes in and out, just like the skyscraper's walls rippled when the helicopter crashed into it.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The R1 looks fine; I haven't seen the R4 so can't comment on any hiccups it may have.

Adam

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
Thanks for checking your Region 1 discs guys, but I OWN the Region 1 version because ONLY the Region 4 has the glitch.
Looks like I'll have to stick with my NTSC version, unless they remaster the PAL when MATRIX RELOADED hits.
I aint holding my breath, though.
:frowning:

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Darren, I've got the R4 version, as supposed to be the best transfer. Bought it at the end of 2000. I've just checked out the scene and it plays perfectly on my Pioneer 747A. So although you've already tried different discs and different players, it's still probably a disc/player compatability issue. Might be worth trying one of the newer players if poss, if you've not already had a go. I regularly find discs that had glitches on older players, even different makes, play normal on a newer player. I'm not aware of this glitch being highlighted before so unlikely to have been corrected, although if you can get a shop to demo that scene on a new copy, might be worth a shot. Best of luck, John

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
Hey John,
I've got a brand new Sony player, and I'll swear until I'm blue in the face that the Region 4 transfer has this glitch.
Here's the thing, it literally appears for ONLY one frame. None of my friends ever noticed it until I showed them.
Please check again.
It happens specifically in the shot where Neo is looking down and the walls wobble like liqiud metal. Play the shot in slow motion or frame by frame and you'll see it. For just one frame there's some blotchy black patches in the image.
I know it's a tiny thing, but it's frustrating having the highest quality/non censored version of this awesome film marred by such an annoying little flaw.
What makes the glitch so annoying for me is that happens at the coolest part of the film.
:angry:

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
OK Darren, I've gone through that scene in slomo and yes you're right. One frame is splodgy, at normal speed looks like a bit of damage on one cell. Would never have noticed it normally, even when I was looking out for it. I'm usually fussy and do get annoyed when films are badly encoded with several frames blocky. To be honest though I think I can live with this, despite the fact that recent films should be perfect. Would rather have the whole film with better colour than go back to the R1. At the time I did a comparison between R1 and R4 and the R4 was so obviously better IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks