What's new

Annoying whine (1 Viewer)

WAID

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken Bean
While watching tv many of the commercials have an annoying whine. Some commercials are particularly loud and others don't have it at all. The whine comes primarily out of the center channel unless I have the receiver set to stereo but that doesn't stop it. This is with dish network. I only notice it with the sound system not either televisions built in speakers(however I usually have the tv speakers quieter). I hear it whether the receiver is in stereo, 3 stereo, or pro logic. My setup is a dish network 2 tv reciever sending video to a sanyo CRT television, and audio to a Kenwood VR-407 connected to some cheap mixsonic speakers and a Velodyne vx-10.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Personally, I think commercials are an annoying whine no matter what they sound like!

seriously, though: Can you cause this whine any other way? I take it that the noise is only on commercials, and not the regular show? I take it that the whine is only in your receiver, and not on the TV speakers themselves?

This is a puzzler...

WAID

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken Bean
I agree on commercials in general being an annoying whine but usually I can tune them out pretty well. I wonder if the commercials are made with the sound(I'm assuming unintentionally but those commercial sure are harder to tune out).

I haven't been able to reproduce the whine with any other than certain commercials. I have not yet heard the sound during the actually shows. I'll have to keep track of the sound and see if it is certain channels or commercials. I'll also have to see if I can hear it through my parents system when I head that way in a few days

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I was just going to say tell her to shut up but then I re-read your post. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks