annoying flutter in woofer

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by StanB, Jul 3, 2006.

1. StanB

StanB Agent

I'm not sure how to ask this question. But at times on some CDs, during the playing of a song, my woofer will flutter making a very low Hz sound that has nothing to do with the music. It just occassionaly happens on some CDs. Can anyone suggest what may be causing that?

2. Saul_M

Saul_M Agent

It may be some kind of signal noise being processed by your receiver.could be caused by the source device like a DVD/CD player or it could be something else like faulty wiring or grounding. Just a guess.

The wolf
    Saul

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    If it’s “sometimes,” then it’s something recorded on the CD. I have a CD that has some kind of ultra-low “belch” in the middle of the song that sounds like thunder when played with a sub!

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. StanB

StanB Agent

Thanks. Yes it's just every once in a while on a few CD's. It's a very low Hz rumble, not particularly loud, that has nothing to do with the music at that given moment. Can be very irritating. I don't know many people who are really into higher end equipment so I have no way of know if it's my equipment or the CD or if anyone else has ever had this problem. Thanks.