What's new

Annoying buzzing problem. Any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
Hi there. I just picked up an H/K Signature 2.0 pre-amp/surround processor and Signature 2.1 amp. It replaced my Yamaha 2092.
The new equipment's a lot better-sounding, but there's one odd little problem I can't seem to figure out. Stay with me while I try to explain it.
On three local radio stations, my left rear surround speaker's tweeter makes a buzzing sound.
Here's what I've done to try and isolate it.
(1) It's not the speakers. I've switched them all around, and the buzz stays in the left rear.
(2) It's not the tuner itself. Only those three stations buzz. And the three that buzz are not coming in weak, so it's not that.
(3) All other inputs (CD, DVD, VCR, TV) are dead silent in the surrounds. No buzz.
(4) The amp makes a soft buzzing sound that you can only hear then you're on top of it. And it sounds similar to the buzz in the left surround. But why wouldn't it *always* buzz if it's the amp, instead of only on those three radio stations?
(5) It's not groud-loop hum. I did the cheater thing, and it still buzzes.
(6) The buzz does not change in level whether I crank the volume or mute it. It's still there.
(7) Here's an X-factor. I live between the White House, State Department, and a Navy installation that in the past was a CIA office building. Who knows, maybe it still is. I imagine that between the three of those, there just may be a few, ah, interesting things being broadcast that may interfere with the radio stations, and because the new tuner's more sensitive than my old one, it's picking up stuff that my Yamaha didn't?
So that's my problem. Any ideas on what's going on and how to remedy it?
Thanks,
-Erik

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I'd call up the White House and the State Department and tell them to stop "bugging you"!?...
wink.gif

You'll probably have to pick up a very good FM antenna and or filters to isolate any interference your picking up. You could be picking up interference from multiple kinds of broadcasting. You may even what to check out some of the Radio Shack or non-Radio Shack electronic stores and tell them where you live. I'd think being where you live interference is everywhere.
------------------

Steve_D

Second Unit
You could try shorting plugs on all your unused RCA interconnects.
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks