What's new

Annoyed with my 5800 !!! (1 Viewer)

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
This receiver is awesome.. I love it.. but a couple things that really really annoy me are the remote (terrible and cumbersome) and the lack of setup support using the receiver itself.

I recently replaced the remote... but before I did I didn't learn all the commands on my new remote.. and now I can't get into the damn set up menu to change my speakers and calibrate properly!!

Can anyone tell me if you can use all the options of the setup menus with the receiver? I'm trying to set my damn front speakers to large.. for the last 2 hours via the receiver and I can't do it. Man it's pissing me off!

Thanks for the help.. sorry for the venting

Jim

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
What did you replace the remote with. IF its a pronto I could email you the set up code for my 3802, it should work just fine.

What happened to the original remote?

Earle

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the offer Earle! Unfortunetly I don't have the original remote or I would just use that :) I sold it on EBAY when I thought I had learned all the commands I needed.
The remote I have now is a home theater master mx-500. Hard button remote. It has pre-programmed DENON codes.. but they are not doing what I need to be done :frowning:
Anyway I can do this on the receiver itself? Set my mains to LARGE and calibrate speakers?
Anyone want to sell me there 2802 or 3802 remote?

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Jim,

Go into a local dealer with your remote and program in the needed command? What was so cumbersome about the Atkis? It looks very similar to the Pronto's which are awesome remotes.

Kevin

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Jim: What you need is one of the One-For-All remotes that can teach discrete codes. A good model to buy is the URC-8811. And if you want to go one step futher, the 8811 can be pc-interfaced and create codes that aren't even in it.
You can buy the 8811 at several places on the web. My favorite place is at BlueDo . You can buy the remote or remote and cable there.
The other info you need is how to create (or generate) the Denon codes you need. The info on how to do this with a OFA remote is at Remotes Home Page .
The Denon codes are
here .
This info will get you going and you may even be able to generate some discrete codes for your gear you never had!
(BTW, I have an MX-500 and an MX-700. HTM remotes rock!)

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
"Anyway I can do this on the receiver itself? Set my mains to LARGE and calibrate speakers?"

No, you can't change speaker size on the receiver itself. If you go to your local dealer, you should be able to borrow an Aktis remote to learn the codes for a day or two. As mentioned earlier, a xx02 remote from any other Denon receiver should work as well.

I actually love my Aktis...I guess I've gotten used to it. Programmability is much easier with the new Denon software, of course you don't need to hear this now that yours is gone. Good luck.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks