What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was a bit suspicious too and logged in independently of the email link. The reconnection piece was in the settings towards the bottom of the settings menu under "Video Data Sharing." You'll also have to confirm the retailers under "Manage Retailers," otherwise you'll get another email like I did. :)

I just received an email, but as a practice do not click on links sent unsolicited from emails. I need to find where to agree directly on their website.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was a bit suspicious too and logged in independently of the email link. The reconnection piece was in the settings towards the bottom of the settings menu under "Video Data Sharing." You'll also have to confirm the retailers under "Manage Retailers," otherwise you'll get another email like I did. :)
Found it. Thanks!

Interestingly, I didn't have to renew Xfinity, which Illinked more recently. Just the ones I originally setup.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As most of us know Paramount isn't a part of MoviesAnywhere which is not only a PITA, but not good for us, consumers. Even so, I was able to redeem their 4K/UHD disc codes on Vudu and iTunes by first redeeming the code on iTunes and then redeem the same 4K disc code on paramountmovies.com and choosing Vudu as my streaming service. My latest example is "Rocketman".

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So.,. I’m picking up Crawl today on Blu. Great little horror flick.

it’s a Paramount title so no MA.

Im wondering since it’s Paramount I think I can redeem the code directly on iTunes therefore getting the 4K version.
Guys?

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss

Im wondering since it’s Paramount I think I can redeem the code directly on iTunes therefore getting the 4K version.
Guys?
You sure can.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Guys?
Tino, you should be able to do the same with this BD code:

As most of us know Paramount isn't a part of MoviesAnywhere which is not only a PITA, but not good for us, consumers. Even so, I was able to redeem their 4K/UHD disc codes on Vudu and iTunes by first redeeming the code on iTunes and then redeem the same 4K disc code on paramountmovies.com and choosing Vudu as my streaming service. My latest example is "Rocketman".

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sounds right. iTunes updates direct purchases to 4K and they consider an iTunes code to be a direct purchase.

Vudu doesn’t do resolution upgrades so an HD code is an HD code no matter what.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well, you never mentioned having the Vudu digital in 4K so I assumed you knew it would be only in HD on Vudu, but wanted it in 4K on iTunes.
I was hoping I guess. Thanks for the procedure. Followed it to the letter. The vudu HDX is just a bonus. The iTunes version is what I wanted anyway. Thanks again.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sounds right. iTunes updates direct purchases to 4K and they consider an iTunes code to be a direct purchase.
The exception to that rule is any older title that was a code that unlocked a copy that came on a disc that you had to then transfer from the disc to your PC/MAC. Encountered that recently with Mimic and Disney's A Christmas Carol, both of which redeemed as SD on iTunes.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Good catch! I think I had some like that initially were bumped to HD and then downgraded back to SD a day later. Fun stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks