What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
FandangoNow has it in 4K too. I'm guessing the reason Sony decided to go digital only is because they licensed Blu-ray rights to Criterion, and it's up to Criterion to release a 4K disc if they want to.
Could be as I have that Criterion BD and in HD digital, but I did so by disc to digital on Vudu which means no 4K/DV on iTunes.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm happy with the 4K transfer from Criterion. Although it is downrezzed to standard Blu-Ray, the difference over all previous home video versions is huge.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Anyone here have an Xfinity X1 box?
MA is supposed to be partnered with MA and it is a linked up on my end but I can’t get any of my MA movies to show up on Xfinity.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Anyone here have an Xfinity X1 box?
MA is supposed to be partnered with MA and it is a linked up on my end but I can’t get any of my MA movies to show up on Xfinity.

Yes, Tony, I have Comcast and an X1 convertor. I haven't checked in awhile to make sure they are still there, but I did link my Comcast account to Movies Anywhere when Comcast first became part of MA and all my films came through at that time. I have never tried to play any via the X1 box, though.

EDIT: I just checked, and my MA films are all there. From the X1's main menu, select "Saved" and then "Purchases". I selected Apollo 13 from my library, and it started up after initially displaying the message "Xfinity On Demand".

Last edited:

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Vudu has finally upgraded their Field of Dreams and Apollo 13 to UHD, both have HDR-10.

On a side note Rambo 3 @ Vudu finally plays back in UHD. It would only playback in HDX even though it said I owned UHD for the past month.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
On a side note Rambo 3 @ Vudu finally plays back in UHD. It would only playback in HDX even though it said I owned UHD for the past month.
That was part of the UV shutdown. I have a ton of movies on Vudu that are supposed to be 4K but Vudu does not have them in UHD yet, despite the "You own UHD" being displayed on Vudu.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That was part of the UV shutdown. I have a ton of movies on Vudu that are supposed to be 4K but Vudu does not have them in UHD yet, despite the "You own UHD" being displayed on Vudu.
Yep and I have several titles saying they're in HD, but only play back in SD. I'm so sick of this stuff whether Vudu, Amazon or iTunes.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott

That is the case for certain Sony titles but was not for Rambo 3. The issue wasn't because Vudu didn't have the UHD version they added the UHD version to their library early/mid Aug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks