What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (2 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don’t see an iTunes version of this topic.
Superman ‘78 is 9.99 on iTunes but I can’t figure out if it includes all the same audio tracks as the 4K disc.

Anyone who can figure it out for me.
Looks like it has Atmos but not the other 7.1 track.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don’t see an iTunes version of this topic.
Superman ‘78 is 9.99 on iTunes but I can’t figure out if it includes all the same audio tracks as the 4K disc.

Anyone who can figure it out for me.
Looks like it has Atmos but not the other 7.1 track.
It has three audio tracks. English Atmos French and Spanish 5.1.

To select audio swipe down on Apple remote. Go to Audio tab on top. Select desired audio.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That is interesting, because when I went to redeem my digital code for M:I Fallout, it gave me an option of Vudu or iTunes, but not both, and the fine print said "digital HD copy on one service provider."
Todd,

Today, I received my 4K/UHD of "Overlord" which is a Paramount title. Instead of redeeming at paramountmovies.com I redeemed the digital code at iTunes then redeemed the same code again at Vudu. My digital stream is in 4K/UHD on both services.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Todd,

Today, I received my 4K/UHD of "Overlord" which is a Paramount title. Instead of redeeming at paramountmovies.com I redeemed the digital code at iTunes then redeemed the same code again at Vudu. My digital stream is in 4K/UHD on both services.
I redeemed at Paramount movies.com yesterday. After reading this post tried to redeem at Vudu too and it worked! Thanks Robert.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
My god, have you guys seen the batch of Warner titles that just went on sale at iTunes? The sensible side of me says be patient and wait for WAC Blu-rays to come out, but the reckless side of me says buy them all! Here are some HD titles that haven't come out on Blu-ray are are currently $4.99:

The Spirit of St. Louis
Prince of the City
In This Our Life
Around the World in 80 Days
The Champ
None But the Brave
The Good Earth
High Sierra
Fort Dobbs
The Thin Man
Shoot the Moon
A Guy Named Joe
Klute
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
A Stolen Life
Torch Song
Sex and the Single Girl
The Lusty Men
The Mask of Dimitrios
Till the Clouds Roll By

I'm actually considering picking up Around the World in 80 Days for a fiver, even though we know it needs a ton of work because you know what? If I had picked up 2001: A Space Odyssey and Superman when they were a mere $5 I would now own 4K copies at no additional cost! So if I get Around the World in 80 Days now and Warner ever does get around to releasing it in 4K, I'll be all set.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My god, have you guys seen the batch of Warner titles that just went on sale at iTunes? The sensible side of me says be patient and wait for WAC Blu-rays to come out, but the reckless side of me says buy them all! Here are some HD titles that haven't come out on Blu-ray are are currently $4.99:

The Spirit of St. Louis
Prince of the City
In This Our Life
Around the World in 80 Days
The Champ
None But the Brave
The Good Earth
High Sierra
Fort Dobbs
The Thin Man
Shoot the Moon
A Guy Named Joe
Klute
A Stolen Life
Torch Song
Sex and the Single Girl
The Lusty Men
The Mask of Dimitrios
Till the Clouds Roll By

I'm actually considering picking up Around the World in 80 Days for a fiver, even though we know it needs a ton of work because you know what? If I had picked up 2001: A Space Odyssey and Superman when they were a mere $5 I would now own 4K copies at no additional cost! So if I get Around the World in 80 Days now and Warner ever does get around to releasing it in 4K, I'll be all set.
Yeah, I was just getting ready to post about this sale when I saw your post. I bought 14 titles this morning. There are two "Around the World in 80 Days" so should purchase the one with iTunes Extras and not the other one.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Yeah, I was just getting ready to post about this sale when I saw your post. I bought 14 titles this morning. There are two "Around the World in 80 Days" so should purchase the one with iTunes Extras and not the other one.
Good tip. Glad I didn't jump on it too quickly. I have to sleep on it to decide how many titles to limit myself to. I think I'm going to use my best judgment to guess which titles are least likely to get Archive Blu-ray releases. ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Good tip. Glad I didn't jump on it too quickly. I have to sleep on it to decide how many titles to limit myself to. I think I'm going to use my best judgment to guess which titles are least likely to get Archive Blu-ray releases. ;)
I'm buying titles that I think might get WA BD releases. Below are some titles, not all of them I purchased today.

Straight Time
Up the Down Staircase
Till the Clouds Roll By
A Stolen Life
Torch Song
Sex and the Single Girl
Shoot the Moon
Lone Star (1996)
Klute
The Thin Man
Gigi
A Guy Named Joe
The Mask of Dimitrios
Around the World in 80 Days (There are 2 selections for this title, but one has iTunes Extras with it)
East of Eden
Citizen Kane
A Face in the Crowd
High Sierra
In This Our Life
Bells are Ringing
Fort Dobbs
Marie Antoinette
The Good Earth
The Lusty Men
The Champ (1931)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I picked up A Face in the Crowd -- I was going to buy the Criterion version coming out this spring, but the best deal I can ever get on such titles is $20. For the savings, I can do without all the extras.

I am tempted by The Thin Man, but I am really hoping for an eventual BD set of all five films to replace my current DVD set. Most every other film I would be interested in I either already have on BD, or the DVD I own is good enough for me. I may still pick up the Marilyn Monroe film The Prince and the Showgirl (this would be a blind buy) and the Donner cut of Superman II (don't own this in any format).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I picked up A Face in the Crowd -- I was going to buy the Criterion version coming out this spring, but the best deal I can ever get on such titles is $20. For the savings, I can do without all the extras.

I am tempted by The Thin Man, but I am really hoping for an eventual BD set of all five films to replace my current DVD set. Most every other film I would be interested in I either already have on BD, or the DVD I own is good enough for me. I may still pick up the Marilyn Monroe film The Prince and the Showgirl (this would be a blind buy) and the Donner cut of Superman II (don't own this in any format).
I think it's going to be a very long time if ever that we'll get all Thin Man movies on BD. I bought The Thin Man for 4.99 on iTunes last year and have watched it twice since then. A personal favorite film of mine. I almost bought Song of the Thin Man last week for $4.99, but I didn't because my fondness for that particular film isn't as strong as the first three films.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
iTunes is still adding more Warner titles to this sale. Several titles were just added in the last 15 minutes so I'm not done yet purchasing some of them.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I think it's going to be a very long time if ever that we'll get all Thin Man movies on BD. I bought The Thin Man for 4.99 on iTunes last year and have watched it twice since then. A personal favorite film of mine. I almost bought Song of the Thin Man last week for $4.99, but I didn't because my fondness for that particular film isn't as strong as the first three films.
I am losing hope on seeing the Thin Man films on BD, too. We just watched all of them again recently on DVD, though, so I can hold out a little longer before caving and buying the streaming versions.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Is there a link on iTunes for these titles? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I'm not seeing the sale.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Glad I waited on buying the Donner Cut of Superman II. The theatrical cut is now for sale for $4.99, and I would rather have that version. I think it's only available on BD via the box set, and I never went down that route, as I don't like anything other than the first two films (and I have the first one on 4K/UHD disc now).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks