What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I hope this means that Lionsgate, Paramount, and MGM, having nowhere else to go, will finally be persuaded to join Movies Anywhere.
Lionsgate could have joined MA when they left UV, but instead did the next best thing, offered their customers a choice of where they could redeem their codes (typically iTunes, Vudu, Google Play, or FandangoNow). It will be interesting to see what Paramount does (although the last title I purchased of theirs, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, the insert had no mention whatsoever of UV). MGM still prefers redeeming strictly through iTunes, as does STX.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Lionsgate could have joined MA when they left UV, but instead did the next best thing, offered their customers a choice of where they could redeem their codes (typically iTunes, Vudu, Google Play, or FandangoNow). It will be interesting to see what Paramount does (although the last title I purchased of theirs, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, the insert had no mention whatsoever of UV). MGM still prefers redeeming strictly through iTunes, as does STX.
Regarding Paramount, I would like them to join MA, but at least, you're able to redeem the same digital code separately on both, Vudu and iTunes which means you have for example Mission: Impossible Fallout" available on both services in 4K/UHD after redeeming the same digital code on Vudu and then redeem it again on iTunes. Which is unlike Lionsgate where you have to pick Vudu over iTunes or vice versa. Anyhow, that's better then it used to be for me as for some strange reason I could only redeem my Lionsgate digital codes through Vudu as it rarely gave me the option to choose iTunes instead of Vudu. I know others didn't have that issue, but it was like that for me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Not sure if this is typical, I bought Riegn of the Supermen on iTunes in HD.
Checked over in MA and it’s 4K hdr.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not sure if this is typical, I bought Riegn of the Supermen on iTunes in HD.
Checked over in MA and it’s 4K hdr.
@TonyD Check it on iTunes too as it should have upgraded to 4K. Check it with Cheapcharts or your 4KATV unit. It won't show whether it's 4K when using iTunes on computer or mobile device. One more thing, Vudu doesn't have "Reign of the Supermen" in 4K so HDX it will be.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Regarding Paramount, I would like them to join MA, but at least, you're able to redeem the same digital code separately on both, Vudu and iTunes which means you have for example Mission: Impossible Fallout" available on both services in 4K/UHD after redeeming the same digital code on Vudu and then redeem it again on iTunes. Which is unlike Lionsgate where you have to pick Vudu over iTunes or vice versa. Anyhow, that's better then it used to be for me as for some strange reason I could only redeem my Lionsgate digital codes through Vudu as it rarely gave me the option to choose iTunes instead of Vudu. I know others didn't have that issue, but it was like that for me.
That is interesting, because when I went to redeem my digital code for M:I Fallout, it gave me an option of Vudu or iTunes, but not both, and the fine print said "digital HD copy on one service provider."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That is interesting, because when I went to redeem my digital code for M:I Fallout, it gave me an option of Vudu or iTunes, but not both, and the fine print said "digital HD copy on one service provider."
So you redeemed at Paramount? I didn't, I redeemed it first at Vudu then redeemed it again on iTunes.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yeah. It’s bs. I’ve always redeemed on both despite that statement.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
@TonyD Check it on iTunes too as it should have upgraded to 4K. Check it with Cheapcharts or your 4KATV unit. It won't show whether it's 4K when using iTunes on computer or mobile device. One more thing, Vudu doesn't have "Reign of the Supermen" in 4K so HDX it will be.

It did a couple days later.

4K on iTunes now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Netflix probably wouldn't mind that tax if it's really a dedicated revenue stream for broadband expansion, since it would expand their potential customer base.

If this takes root nationwide, you'll probably see them roll out a price increase earlier than planned and then just roll the new tax into the monthly total.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Man, I've been buying a bunch of HD digital titles that I only have on DVD. Sergeant York is $6.99 on iTunes. I bought "Forever Young" too on iTunes as I never bought the DVD because it was only pan and scan at that time. The HD stream is 1.85

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks