What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
This was the sale I've been waiting on since Black Friday as there has been speculation that a large iTunes sale will take place before Christmas. I went hog wild during the night.
I have a large pile of titles in my wish list (Vudu) and only one went on sale :( I was hoping for a bigger one to match what they had last year.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
This was the sale I've been waiting on since Black Friday as there has been speculation that a large iTunes sale will take place before Christmas. I went hog wild during the night.
I knew you would! :) I’m in the process of making my final selections, limiting myself to 20 films to come in at just over $100 (after adjusting for the discounts of the original gift cards!)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Apparently the Die Hard movies (all 5 of them) have new 4K versions on iTunes ($24.99 for the bundle, $7.99 each) - anyone have the others yet or could comment on how the sequels look?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Apparently the Die Hard movies (all 5 of them) have new 4K versions on iTunes ($24.99 for the bundle, $7.99 each) - anyone have the others yet or could comment on how the sequels look?
Neil,

I bought the Die Hard bundle earlier this year or the year before that, and thanks to your post I became aware that my titles upgraded to 4K/HDR versions. I sampled the first three movies and they look great, but remember, I only sampled them.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil,

I bought the Die Hard bundle earlier this year or the year before that, and thanks to your post I became aware that my titles upgraded to 4K/HDR versions. I sampled the first three movies and they look great, but remember, I only sampled them.
Thank you! I don’t think I needed that much of a push to pick up the set, honestly. Your sampling report did the trick :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Is there a list of all the 4k bundles? I would love to browse it over.

Just bought one of my favorite films of last year, LUCKY, for a mere $8. Was happy about that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is there a list of all the 4k bundles? I would love to browse it over.

Just bought one of my favorite films of last year, LUCKY, for a mere $8. Was happy about that.
@Ronald Epstein Do you have the Cheapcharts app? If not, you need to get it as it's the best way to monitor deals. Also, there is a bundles icon in which you can see a listing of all bundles on sale. They're also adding trying to add Vudu to their iTunes app.

http://app.cheapcharts.de/

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks for that tip. Going to download that app now.

Where is the bundles icon? On iTunes or the Cheapcharts app?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Found it on the app. This is a great app. Had no idea. Then again, I have been sporadically following this thread.

Did someone mention a 4k James Bond bundle of all the films? Certainly would be cheaper than buying it on disc once available.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Found it on the app. This is a great app. Had no idea. Then again, I have been sporadically following this thread.

Did someone mention a 4k James Bond bundle of all the films? Certainly would be cheaper than buying it on disc once available.
They have them bundle by actor. Just remember they're only 4K right now with no HDR. However, iTunes will upgrade them to 4K/HDR when MGM releases them as such.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Cheapcharts is my favorite new (to me) app of 2018. No idea how long it's been around but it's GREAT.

Here's my personal favorite thing: I hate paying full price for digital movies. F right off with $15 and $20 buys. Not gonna do it. Digital movies should be $10 each or under, that's my story and I stick to it. So here's what I do. Put it on the wishlist. You get an alert with every price drop. When it drops to $8 or less then I'll think about it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I don't chime in on this thread very often...I make sure I keep up with the info from everyone every day. That being said, thank you for the CheapCharts app suggestion. I started looking yesterday and there are plenty of titles I'd be happy to try out/own at the $5 price point without committing to putting them on my physical shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks