1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Message #1241 of 1276 Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    I redeemed my digital copy of M:I Fallout today via the link provided on the insert (paramountmovies .com). That gave me the option of redeeming on iTunes, Vudu, or FandangoNow. I choose Vudu, and it took me to the vudu site and automatically inputted my code and it redeemed as UHD.

An interesting note, though - nowhere on the insert does it mention UV, nor does it on the packaging. Vudu shows it as UV, and it does show up in my UV library. Hmmmm....

Also, (it has probably been mentioned on this thread before) apparently FandangoNow no longer accepts new UV redemptions, since M:I Fallout does not appear in my FN library.

2. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Any news on when Movies Anywhere might be adding more studios like MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate?

Sam Posten likes this.
  3. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    I redeemed it thru iTunes since it has the three commentaries and isolated score that I believe the Vudu version does not have.

That’s the dealbreaker for me. iTunes always has better extras than Vudu.

Sam Posten likes this.
  4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    iTunes is always better than any other walled garden :)

Tino likes this.
  5. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Not for Disney titles. No 4K.

Sam Posten likes this.
  6. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    And not if you don't have an Apple TV.

Brian Kidd likes this.
  7. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    That’s the only disadvantage.

8. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    And yet iTunes still had more extras than Vudu for Disney titles including all
    The Marvel films.

9. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    Well..duh. ;)

10. Scott Merryfield

I am not a person who cares about extras. Picture and sound quality are by far the most important thing to me. Personally, I side with both Apple and Amazon in their battles with Di$ney over pricing, but it still means if I'm going to buy a streaming version of a Di$ney film, it will not currently be from Apple. So far, though, I have only been renting streaming titles from that studio -- and through Amazon using digital credits from their "no rush" shipping option so there is no cost to me. Those are not 4K, either, but in this case price (free) trumps audio/video quality for something that would otherwise be a blind purchase.

11. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]
    COMCAST JOINS PIONEERING DIGITAL SERVICE MOVIES ANYWHERE GIVING XFINITY TV CUSTOMERS CROSS-PLATFORM ACCESS TO DIGITAL PURCHASES

Xfinity Participation Marks Major Pay TV Milestone for Movies Anywhere
    BURBANK, CA and PHILADELPHIA, PA - Dec. 6, 2018 – Beginning today, Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers can sync their accounts with Movies Anywhere and seamlessly combine eligible movie purchases from the Xfinity Digital Store with those from other Movies Anywhere digital retailers and access them on Xfinity X1, the Xfinity Stream app and other Xfinity TV platforms. Comcast is the first pay TV provider to join Movies Anywhere, the pioneering movie service that launched last year in the U.S. with an unprecedented five Hollywood studios and now – with Comcast - seven major digital retailers (Xfinity, iTunes, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, Google Play, Microsoft Movies & TV and FandangoNOW).

Comcast has joined Movies Anywhere in time for Xfinity TV customers to take advantage of Movies Anywhere’s current syncing offer. For a limited time, fans who sync for the first time with Xfinity, or one of the other participating digital retailers, will receive a copy of “Happy Feet.” Those who sync for the first time with two digital retailers also receive “The Martian” and “The Fate of the Furious.” For more information on this offer, visit Movies Anywhere’s website.

“Comcast is one of the country’s leading pay TV providers with a customer base that, like ours, consists of people who are passionate about the movies they love,” said Karin Gilford, General Manager, Movies Anywhere. “We are thrilled to now include Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers among those who can benefit from Movies Anywhere’s ability to bring their favorite movies together in one place that can be accessed across a multitude of devices using the Movies Anywhere app and across Xfinity TV platforms.”

“Xfinity X1 is the only platform that provides customers with seamless, integrated access to all of their entertainment choices within one user interface, whether that content is live, on demand, streamed, recorded, rented or owned,” said Daniel Spinosa, Vice President, Entertainment Services, Comcast Cable. “And by joining Movies Anywhere, Xfinity TV customers can now easily link their accounts across participating digital retailers and watch their consolidated digital library on X1, or anywhere in the country via the Xfinity Stream app and portal.”

To get started, Xfinity TV customers will need to create a Movies Anywhere account on the Movies Anywhere app or website. Once logged in, they can connect their Xfinity TV account, as well as their accounts from any other participating digital retailers, to Movies Anywhere and create one centralized digital movie collection that can be accessed on Xfinity X1, the Xfinity Stream app and other Xfinity TV platforms.

With the addition of Comcast to the Movies Anywhere lineup, customers’ Movies Anywhere collections will be accessible for the first time directly on the TV through Xfinity On Demand, and on devices via the Xfinity Stream app and web portal. All Movies Anywhere users are also able to access their collections via the Movies Anywhere app and web portal on an array of additional platforms.

Movies Anywhere extends Xfinity TV customers’ ability to purchase digital movies across their favorite platforms and retailers, including the Xfinity Digital Store. One of the top digital retailers for new releases, the Xfinity Digital Store offers Xfinity TV customers the ability to easily purchase and access thousands of movies, many featuring enhanced extras via X1 and across devices via the Xfinity Stream app and web portal.

holtge and Scott Merryfield like this.
  12. Scott Merryfield

I was able to link my Comcast Xfinity account to MA just now. I doubt I will watch any of the films in my library through them, though. Maybe sometime they will have a film for sale cheap that I'm interested in buying, though. I've never looked at their purchase prices in the past, since it made no sense to buy something I could only watch via their cable service and nowhere else. Now, at least, if it's a MA title it will transfer to one of the services I view through -- iTunes, Vudu and occasionally Amazon.

holtge and Sam Posten like this.
  13. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Now if they could just sign on Paramount, Lionsgate, and STX.

14. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Don't forget MGM!:)

15. holtge

holtge Supporting Actor

Gordon Holt
    Well, the holdouts can't "hold out" forever, can they? ;):thumbs-up-smiley:

16. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Oh, brother! Pretty soon Movies Anywhere is going to have a hundred different participating retailers and still only the same 5 studios it started with. :(

17. holtge

holtge Supporting Actor

Gordon Holt
    Yes, but that's still more retailer support than UltraViolet ever had.

Scott Merryfield likes this.
  18. holtge

holtge Supporting Actor

Gordon Holt
    Not sure if this has been noted anywhere on this thread yet or not, but it looks like MA is now supporting 4K.

Screenshot_20181209-102131_Movies Anywhere.

Tino likes this.
  19. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    It was a few pages back. Also some titles aren’t supported in 4K on MA even though you own them in 4K.

Sam Posten and holtge like this.
  20. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    I saw that iTunes put The House of the Seven Gables on sale for $4.99, and I was just about to pull the trigger, but I did a search and found that Kino will be putting it out on Blu-ray next year so I guess I'll just wait for that...