What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (2 Viewers)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Anyone else having issues redeeming Air Force One on Movies Anywhere?
Digital Copy: An insert contains a code to redeem a digital copy on Movies Anywhere. Apparently, Sony forgot to grant MA licenses for this film to both Google Play Movies and FandangoNow, since the movie is missing from my library on those two services. I did receive HD versions on Vudu, Microsoft Movies, and iTunes (although it may be 4K, since I only have iTunes on my Windows PC), and UHD on Amazon Prime.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
There is no 4K stream anywhere right now.

Mine redeemed fine on MA as 4K although no 4K version is available yet as Robert said.
Well, it is available in 4K on Amazon (I know, Robert, you hate Amazon). But you both missed my point - Air Force One did not populate to all of my MA services:

Vudu: HDX
Microsoft: HD
iTunes: HD (per my iTunes software)
Amazon Prime: UHD
Google Play: not available
FandangoNow: not available

The movie is indeed available on GP and FN, but if you look at the title, there is no MA or even a UV logo for Air Force One on those two services.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, it is available in 4K on Amazon (I know, Robert, you hate Amazon). But you both missed my point - Air Force One did not populate to all of my MA services:

The movie is indeed available on GP and FN, but if you look at the title, there is no MA or even a UV logo for Air Force One on those two services.
Todd,

I couldn’t find it on Amazon!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Air Force One
upload_2018-11-28_14-53-4.png

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

I already owned it on Vudu iTunes and Amazon so I wouldn’t know if it populated.

And I do see it’s available in UHD on Amazon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
thru the prime video app on Apple 4K tv.
Did you guys redeem your code and if so, where did you redeem it at? I haven't redeem my code yet because of this link. Look at the columns for Air Force One. Also, I can't find Air Force One as available for purchase/rent using Roku 4K, Apple 4K nor even on my desktop. It keeps saying "Air Force One" is unavailable.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I redeemed Air Force One on Movies Anywhere, and it indicates through the MA transaction history that it was redeemed as 4K. On Vudu the film is showing up as HDX. On Amazon it shows as "Ultra HD", while other recent 4K disc redemptions (Avengers: Infinity Wars, Ant-Man and the Wasp, etc.) show up as "4K UHD". I am not sure of the difference on Amazon. It shows up as HD in iTunes and Microsoft. The film doesn't show up in my Google or FandangoNow libraries at all.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I redeemed Air Force One on Movies Anywhere, and it indicates through the MA transaction history that it was redeemed as 4K. On Vudu the film is showing up as HDX. On Amazon it shows as "Ultra HD", while other recent 4K disc redemptions (Avengers: Infinity Wars, Ant-Man and the Wasp, etc.) show up as "4K UHD". I am not sure of the difference on Amazon. It shows up as HD in iTunes and Microsoft. The film doesn't show up in my Google or FandangoNow libraries at all.
Right, there is no 4K/UHD available on Vudu or iTunes for Air Force One. That might change at a later date, but as of now, there isn't a 4K stream available on either service. Also, I found several titles like It Happened One Night as UHD titles on Amazon that are not so on Vudu or iTunes. No question, I think that's an upconverted HD stream and I'm wondering the same for Air Force One and several other classic titles that are showing UHD tag on them.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
That was my experience. When contacting FN and GP, they said that they were never granted MA rights to that title. MA says it's a mapping issue that they are trying to work with FN, GP, and Sony on. Sony is completely befuddled, and keep saying "But you did get it to redeem on Vudu, right?"

On a side note, the movie isn't available at all (I couldn't even purchase it if I wanted to) on Sony's own ULTRA service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks