What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't understand why people are jumping on Cranston posts? If you don't care about what he's posting then ignore them. Why should he have to go into exile because you don't like a post now or then about UV?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm not jumping on anything Robert. I have an enormous library of digital content. I want to be aware of anything that changes in the ecosystem. Posts keep coming that claim something is being lost here but I don't see how it really affects anyone. I've asked nicely to find out what I am missing. I am truly sorry if it seems like I am being obtuse here but I want to figure this out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm not jumping on anything Robert. I have an enormous library of digital content. I want to be aware of anything that changes in the ecosystem. Posts keep coming that claim something is being lost here but I don't see how it really affects anyone. I've asked nicely to find out what I am missing. I am truly sorry if it seems like I am being obtuse here but I want to figure this out.
That might not have been your intention, but Cranston took it that way.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I don’t believe there is any functional difference at all. As far as digital purchases go you will continue to buy from whatever retailer you’ve previously bought from. For digital code redemptions I suppose it might be possible that you might need to join MA, but as far as I know redemptions should still be available through Vudu without joining any other “digital locker” service. Maybe I’m wrong.

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I just noticed that Kung Fu Panda recently dropped out of my Movies Anywhere list. I originally got it via an Amazon promo in early 2016, and mostly forgot about it until it showed up when I linked the Amazon account to MA last December. MA lists it in my transaction history on both 1/9/16 and 9/22/18. Yet, the movie does not show under "My Movies". It doesn't show up in my Vudu account, either, but still shows up in my Amazon account. Other movies from my Amazon account are still in MA.

Has there been anything funny going on with titles like that recently?

Related -- who controls Dreamworks animation movies? I know they got split from the main Dreamworks, and looks like they might have gone from Paramount to Fox to Universal? I'm guessing we don't have to worry about Shrek being owned by Mickey?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just noticed that Kung Fu Panda recently dropped out of my Movies Anywhere list. I originally got it via an Amazon promo in early 2016, and mostly forgot about it until it showed up when I linked the Amazon account to MA last December. MA lists it in my transaction history on both 1/9/16 and 9/22/18. Yet, the movie does not show under "My Movies". It doesn't show up in my Vudu account, either, but still shows up in my Amazon account. Other movies from my Amazon account are still in MA.

Has there been anything funny going on with titles like that recently?

Related -- who controls Dreamworks animation movies? I know they got split from the main Dreamworks, and looks like they might have gone from Paramount to Fox to Universal? I'm guessing we don't have to worry about Shrek being owned by Mickey?
I bet it has something to do with Paramount which is not part of Movies Anywhere.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
@Chip_HT - I would try unlinking and re-linking your Amazon account with MA. There have been some strange things going on with Amazon and MA recently, with movies that I've owned for years suddenly appearing near the top of my Amazon library as if I just added them. I think they are finally trying to fix the redemption issues with 4K titles, although some of the titles appearing as "new" are HD.

Also, I just checked my MA account, and Kung Fu Panda is still there.

kfp.jpg

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Before I had a chance to unlink the accounts, Kung Fu Panda returned.

I received Kung Fu Panda for free as part of the promotion to sign up for Movies Anywhere. I just checked, and the film is the first one listed after the three X-Men films I added yesterday on my Movies Anywhere account, which indicates it was added very recently. So, there must have been some glitch where the film was removed from some MA accounts and then added back in.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Before I had a chance to unlink the accounts, Kung Fu Panda returned.
Like I said, strange things have been happening with MA and Amazon lately. DreamWorks Animation titles, I think, are in the process of transitioning from Paramount and Fox to Universal, which may explain why some titles are momentarily disappearing or appearing as duplicates.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
iTunes has the 4K Lawrence of Arabia on sale for $4.99. Since my MA copy (originally an ultraviolet code redemption) is stuck in HD, I’m considering the “gift it to yourself” loophole which allows you to upgrade an iTunes title to 4K.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
iTunes has the 4K Lawrence of Arabia on sale for $4.99. Since my MA copy (originally an ultraviolet code redemption) is stuck in HD, I’m considering the “gift it to yourself” loophole which allows you to upgrade an iTunes title to 4K.
Thanks for the heads up. That’s eexactly what im going to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks