What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
And Microsoft has officially joined...

Yep. I've held off on a LOT of Microsoft deals because they were not MA. This will be a great new option for discount movies.

Still missing: Sony/Playstation, MGM, Paramount, Lionsgate, Kino, Criterion, Comcast and FIOS.

Comcast is next I hear...
I think someone jumped the gun, because the Microsoft pages making the announcement have been taken down.

Many may have forgotten, but both Microsoft and Fios were members of Disney Movies Anywhere then dropped out before the service dropped "Disney" from its title.

Comcast would make sense, though, since they own FandangoNow.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I think someone jumped the gun, because the Microsoft pages making the announcement have been taken down.

Many may have forgotten, but both Microsoft and Fios were members of Disney Movies Anywhere then dropped out before the service dropped "Disney" from its title.

Comcast would make sense, though, since they own FandangoNow.

It’s available to connect at Movies Anywhere...

FF38DE79-BBB7-49BE-91D0-6ABF599FF795.png

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Hmm... Movies Anywhere now has more participating retailers than they do participating studios. I think we were all hoping more studios would be joining, rather than more retailers. :(

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yeah, I saw the Microsoft logo on MA's home page when I was preparing my review of Breaking In, but the links to Microsoft's press release in The Verge's article on Microsoft re-joining are still broken.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I don't know how this happened, but I just got Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them on 3D Blu-ray and redeemed the digital code through Vudu. To my surprise it redeemed in 4K, giving me UHD access across all retailers! When does that ever happen?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't know how this happened, but I just got Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them on 3D Blu-ray and redeemed the digital code through Vudu. To my surprise it redeemed in 4K, giving me UHD access across all retailers! When does that ever happen?
Occasionally. My 3D copy of Fantastic Beasts for instance redeemed in UHD across all the platforms.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Connected. Anyone know how to figure out if I actually had any movies that transferred? I don't see anything new at the top of my MA list...
If you pull down the menu in the upper right corner (where your name is) in your Movies Anywhere account, one of the options is Transaction History. This should show any titles that passed through MA.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
If anyone is having difficulty redeeming their codes for any of the Avengers 4K discs, apparently Disney has not released the codes into MA's system yet, but they should be live later today, according to the rep I chatted with at MA.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
If anyone is having difficulty redeeming their codes for any of the Avengers 4K discs, apparently Disney has not released the codes into MA's system yet, but they should be live later today, according to the rep I chatted with at MA.
Redeemed all 3 two hours ago.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
That's why I use the Movies Anywhere app on my tablet and phone!
I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the Movies Anywhere app may only be showing movies in SD resolution. It's hard to tell since there are no indicators. When I use the app on my Apple TV unit and swipe down, there is no HD button like there is with Vudu, Amazon or other apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks