What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
For those getting the wrong resolutions porting to Vudu - people are reporting titles fixed if you unlink then relink...

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
The 2 listings for that particular title may just be due to one being the theatrical version and the other extended cut. That's what I have just for redeeming my regular HD UV code

No, it is the way I described, as I only own the extended cut. And it’s not just that way with BvS but also Awakenings and Gilda. In those latter cases I originally owned SD then later bought HDX, and it lists those purchases twice.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The issue with being unable to migrate my Disney Movies Anywhere account to the new Movies Anywhere account was finally resolved. I finally received an email reply last night to my support request, and this morning the migration worked fine. I can now see my Disney / Pixar films in my MA library. Movies Anywhere must have fixed the issue that was causing me problems.
I just checked in to say the same thing. Got an email that they'd updated the process and try again. All DMA movies migrated with a single click and they're already in my Amazon account, though only 2 are showing in the MA account. Odd... but they said in the email it could take an hour or two for everything to show up.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Am I the only one here that hasn't hooked up to MA? I'm still trying to figure out how this is going to help me. They say "finally your movies together"...but I already have that with UV/VUDU. I can sign up and port movies to other providers but Vudu will still be the only place that has them all, and what about all my UV TV series not supported in MA? I have 1500ish movies plus a lot of TV. UV is short a couple of storefronts and MA is short a couple studios, still incomplete. I hope they get it done for the good of the digital format, but they would be way ahead if a couple more storefronts would have eventually just signed up with UV.
Serious question, I never really used DMA but I do list a few movies there that I would have redeemed on Vudu. Do I need to do anything since they are closing the DMA site down, Thank's

P.S Vudu has Silence of the Lambs UHD right now for $4.99 fyi

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
[email protected] post: 4538849 said:
I'm still trying to figure out how this is going to help me. They say "finally your movies together"...but I already have that with UV/VUDU. I can sign up and port movies to other providers but Vudu will still be the only place that has them all,

Let me put it to you this way - in the time it took you to write that post, you could have just signed up.

The benefit to that would have been that your Vudu experience would have stayed the way you like it, but you would have gained the ability to shop prices at all the other stores. I’m willing to bet that if you were told you were only allowed to buy your discs at Wal-Mart and could not take advantage of sales at Amazon, Target, and Best Buy that would not sit well with you.

Heck, iTunes prices on UHD titles alone would make it worth setting up to me.

Other services definitely offer things that Vudu doesn’t as well. Want to listen to the Roger Ebert commentary for Citizen Kane? You can on iTunes, but not Vudu. Want to watch The Hustler in its correct aspect ratio? Vudu fails there, too. I also primarily use Vudu, but am happy to now have the other services available to me.

I would also argue that UV is probably going to go the way of DMA and be folded as soon as MA gains the other studios, so if your joining MA is an inevitability anyway, you might as well get ‘er going...

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Good news: Spiderman legacy are now in HD on Vudu.
Bad news: All spiderman films (Legacy and Homecoming) are missing on both iTunes and SonyPictures accounts.

Confidence inspiring, really.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I’m going off on a slight tangent here, but has anyone else noticed that Warner has just reduced the price on hundreds of catalog titles to $9.99 (HD) in iTunes? There doesn’t appear to be a sale as it’s not advertised anywhere on the site and I’m assuming these are permanent reductions. Some (but not all) of the new prices also show up on Vudu and Amazon.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I’m going off on a slight tangent here, but has anyone else noticed that Warner has just reduced the price on hundreds of catalog titles to $9.99 (HD) in iTunes? There doesn’t appear to be a sale as it’s not advertised anywhere on the site and I’m assuming these are permanent reductions. Some (but not all) of the new prices also show up on Vudu and Amazon.

Definitely - there was about 200+ price reductions in Vudu this morning

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was messing with my Roku Ultra and 4K Apple TV units this morning and bought the digital copies of Kelly's Heroes and The Silence of the Lambs. The second one states UHD, but from what I sampled, it doesn't look better than HDX to me.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I was messing with my Roku Ultra and 4K Apple TV units this morning and bought the digital copies of Kelly's Heroes and The Silence of the Lambs. The second one states UHD, but from what I sampled, it doesn't look better than HDX to me.
Isn’t Kelly’s heroes pan and scan?
Definitely - there was about 200+ price reductions in Vudu this morning
is there a list of the reductions?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
is there a list of the reductions?
iTunes has a ton more reductions than Vudu does. More like 600-700 titles, all between $9.99 and $12.99. The best way to see them is at Blu-ray.com click the "see all deals" link, then click iTunes tab and filter by studio. Here, I've tried to save the parameters in this link:
http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?showp...e=all&studioid=9&releases=all&movierating=all

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
OK, I have read all the posts in this thread over the past three days and am, not surprisingly confused as to what to do. I don't stream much (Prime, YouTube, some other free stuff, my own NAS, don't have Netflix ). I have not paid for any non-music digital downloads so far but have redeemed about 20 or so codes via vudu, uvvu, iTunes, Flixter, and whatever the instructions in various disks have told me to do). My tv is 3D (probably irrelevant in this context) and the only 4K compatible thing in my system is an Oppo UHD-203. I have a series 1 Apple TV, and an old Roku 2, and various phones, tablets and computers (both Apple, android, amazon android, and windows). I created an account for me on Movie Anywhere and thinks seem to be OK. l have two questions:

What is the optimal way to redeem codes and possibly buy digital content? I would like to be able to actually download the digital content so that it's on one of my machines and I don't have to stream it from the cloud. Since I don't have 4K tv that's not important not but I suspect that someday in the future I'll upgrade my TV and perhaps Roku, ATV and other stuff to 4K so if it's not much extra trouble I'd like to get 4K copies where I can.

Once I have stuff set up, if I go on vacation to a foreign country will I be able to use the stuff that I've redeemed?

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Out of all my DMA titles I'm still missing The lion King on MA. I just received the following from MA customer service:

It's good to know all your movies ported over! As for The Lion King, this is one of the movie titles missing from user's MA library after the DMA migration, but we can definitely help solve this issue!

I have collected all your information and passed the issue along to our team to escalate and solve this for you! We don't have an exact estimate on the time this will take due to our volumes.

In regards to the DMA migration, what probably happened is, if you used the same email address for your MA account as your DMA account, then your movies automatically ported over. Since DMA is more of a merge or migration rather than a retailer connection, it wouldn't show up on manage retailers.

But don't worry, we will be in touch shortly to resolve the matter.

Thank you for your patience, and have a great day!

Obviously, there are problems to work out with MA, whereas VUDU appears to have merged almost all my movies across all platforms--iTunes, Amazon Video, Google Play and VUDU. I have about 220 movies in VUDU and 170 made it to MA, so I question why MA is needed, when VUDU already gathers the movies better.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Obviously, there are problems to work out with MA, whereas VUDU appears to have merged almost all my movies across all platforms--iTunes, Amazon Video, Google Play and VUDU. I have about 220 movies in VUDU and 170 made it to MA, so I question why MA is needed, when VUDU already gathers the movies better.

What am I missing here?

Without MA you wouldn’t have gotten your iTunes, Amazon, and Google movies into Vudu, but now you’re questioning why it is needed?

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I sampled it on iTunes and MA which looked like a 2.35-2.40 ratio which is align with it being filmed in Panavision. I haven't sampled it yet on Vudu.
I watched the entire movie on iTunes and no complaints. However, I sampled it on Vudu and it's in the wrong aspect ratio of 1.85.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks