What's new

Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum (1 Viewer)

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I don’t know if anyone else has had one irritating feature using an app to access instead of a browser, but I quit using the app for Bluray.com entirely because it was constantly hijacked with popup ads I couldn’t get rid of. I’m not sure if that was a problem of the app’s security failures or if other apps may have the same issue. But I don’t have the problem accessing via Safari or Brave.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Mobile Safari on my iPhone has worked perfectly fine w/ the current site. Don't see a need for mobile app... at least for iOS anyway.

And yes, a hearty, great welcome to Colin and Jonathan!

We are a (large) family community here... probably w/ all the usual, attendant dysfunctions (as well as warm niceties) you might soon regret to inherit, LOL! ;):lol::laugh::laugh::laugh:

_Man_

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Welcome Colin and Jonathan!

We are a passionate bunch, and like to engage in vigorous discussions on occasion! ;)

What keeps us coming here is the sharing of knowledge and ideas, the mutual respect, and knowing that someone else's opinion is not an affront to your own.

Best wishes to you both!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, I was thinking about this yesterday. I'm not sure what the timeline would be for a native mobile app, but we have done that before. More realistically, one of our first tasks is to simply work on speeding up the website to improve the user experience.
I thought forum software these days was usually sufficiently "Mobile Aware" to work on any device without the need for a dedicated mobile app.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
So then am I the only member currently using the HTF mobile app? It works great for me.

Colin

Owner
Real Name
Colin
I thought forum software these days was usually sufficiently "Mobile Aware" to work on any device without the need for a dedicated mobile app.
Yeah, it should be. But sometimes there are things you can provide in a native app that you can't within a browser. Not a priority anytime soon. But hopefully we can speed things up a bit before very long.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mobile Safari on my iPhone has worked perfectly fine w/ the current site. Don't see a need for mobile app... at least for iOS anyway.

And yes, a hearty, great welcome to Colin and Jonathan!

We are a (large) family community here... probably w/ all the usual, attendant dysfunctions (as well as warm niceties) you might soon regret to inherit, LOL! ;):lol::laugh::laugh::laugh:

_Man_
Mobile Firefox on my Android phone works great with the site, too. I have not seen the need for a mobile app.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Welcome to the Fun Zone. This has been a wonderful place to talk about favorite movies, TV and scores - a friendly forum with great members who just love to chat about their favorite things and share knowledge. This remains my favorite forum. Check them all out! Hope to see you around!
Yes we are a lovely bunch of really SWELL folks!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I just wanted to pitch in as one of the outgoing owners, and say that we were very careful in making sure we passed on the community to people we know will take great care of it. Colin and Jonathan are great guys, and I’m very confident that they will do wonderful things for the forum.

It should be no secret to most of you that over the past few years Adam, Kevin, and I found it very difficult to balance our busy family and work lives with the forum. As a result, we couldn’t give HTF the attention it deserved.

I plan to stick around as a reviewer and contributor, and keep interacting with the wonderful people that make HTF so great.

After migrating this site away from the horrors of Huddler, to where we are today, I certainly feel proud of what we’ve accomplished, and look forward to what the new owners will do next.

Colin

Owner
Real Name
Colin
I just wanted to pitch in as one of the outgoing owners, and say that we were very careful in making sure we passed on the community to people we know will take great care of it. Colin and Jonathan are great guys, and I’m very confident that they will do wonderful things for the forum.

It should be no secret to most of you that over the past few years Adam, Kevin, and I found it very difficult to balance our busy family and work lives with the forum. As a result, we couldn’t give HTF the attention it deserved.

I plan to stick around as a reviewer and contributor, and keep interacting with the wonderful people that make HTF so great.

After migrating this site away from the horrors of Huddler, to where we are today, I certainly feel proud of what we’ve accomplished, and look forward to what the new owners will do next.
Thanks, Dave!

With you, Ron, and Adam continuing to review, contribute, and moderate, we are confident that HTF will stay great.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

This site is a WONDER - a place to meet and to discuss media etc Ron and team each and everyone built a haven - we are so many different people here yet we formed a family - you all have sustained me during this horrid illness, To think that can chat with RAH -- hear from Mr F hear from Mr Insider is a joy and is thanks to Ron and Robert I met people all over the world thanks to this haven! I know the new owners will stick with the old saying - if it aint broke dont fix it - but they will add to Rons legacy! Love to u ALL!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks