What's new

Announcements- Panic Room SE, Alien Saga Doco, Omen Doco, Speed Racer S2, Bond Rerel- (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I don't see a announcement of panic room se there. all i see is it being mentioned its being worked on and almost done. But that is no announcement.. An announcment = studio releasing a official street date!!!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
It should be interesting to see how a Panic Room SE, SB Deluxe or not, and assuming there is one, does in sales after initial release of a SB. I know that I only buy an SB for the better pic/sound, so I sure wouldn't double-dip once I have that already, regardless of extras. And the extras are never (so far) SB, for good reason...

I wonder how many are like me? I'd guess quite a few, we want high quality for the feature. Maybe a low priced SE without any SB could pick up a few sales...

Are they trying to use reverse psychology on us?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they can improve upon the disappointing transfer of Panic Room.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Finally some movement on Panic Room. I passed on the original release (more for the packaging than anything else) since I knew an SE was in the works.

$100 says there is a featurette about the title design.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I'm just assuming that the specs for Panic Room will be the original specs of the R2 dvd before they took that away. Also, I always knew it would not be a suberbit deluxe. Look at the amount of commentaries he has on his other DVD's.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I take it that Panic Room won't be Superbit Deluxe?
I don't see why it would be a Superbit Deluxe. The special edition is supposed to have multiple commentary tracks (at least three), so I don't think that would work.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Am I reading that statement correctly? Is Speed Racer, Volume 2 coming out on November 4th? Or are they saying it is also coming out next year?

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Im the opposite - I want EXTRAS. I passed on the first release of Panic Room just because I wanted the extras as much as the feature. I HATE superbit because it takes away the whole reason I get DVDs.

Andy_MT

Second Unit
if memory serves me correctly, the SB panic room had more than enough room left over to fit a few commentary tracks on. i'd be very surprised if columbia would go to the expense of creating another master when the current one is pretty good and leaves enough room on the disc for extras.

of course, it's all a bit dodgy. Columbia market SB as using all the space for audio and video, then release a non SB disc with the same transfer. hmmm, we'll see ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks