What's new

Announcements for Jaws 3, Universal's Jaws 4, M*A*S*H S4, &Transformers S2 Pt. 2 (1 Viewer)

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
Agreed, Larry. Jaws 3 is by far the best of the sequels and a damn entertaining film in its own right. Part 2 just goes on and on and on, with far too little shark,
I couldn't disagree more. JAWS 2 brings back a large portion of the original production team (including John Williams, who was sorely missed in 3 & 4), the same characters, and does a great job recapturing some of the "feel" of the original, IMHO.

JAWS 3 is a crushing bore without the 3-D -- and who wants to see more of the shark? The less it's seen, the better the movie is (as evidenced by I & II).

Chuck L

Screenwriter
While it is nice to see the remaining Jaws films coming with proper releases, it would be nice if now they revisited the Pyscho series with remastered editions of 2 and 3 and possibly, if they have it, 4.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I love 3-D, but JAWS 3-D, even in stereoscopic form, isn't half as good as JAWS 2. Without 3-D, it is kind of pointless.

A really good idea and title, ruined by some really bad choices for director and DOP. The film was shot without a real script, and it shows. The first half is very dull, with a lot of pointless scenes that do not serve any purpose to move the story forward.

When the action does kick in, it is so ineptly handled it isn't exciting. Entire scenes were shot at night (including underwater scenes!) which was a very stupid decision for a movie that was going to be projected in single strip 35mm 3-D, which tends to be dark anyway. That doesn't mean you can't shoot night scenes, as many other 3-D movies have done this well and with proper light, but why go out of your way to shoot so much of this film at night, and then not light the set properly? In theatres, there were entire scenes that went by where you couldn't see a thing! Even flat, some of the scenes are dark, dark, dark.

Some of the dialog is worthy of Ed Wood.

Uncompleted special effects sequences are left in the final cut!

The 3-D staging was decent, however. Most of the gimmicks shots were pretty effective. From a stereoscopic standpoint, it was OK, but the overall look of the photography was washed out and dark, but you can't blame it all on the single strip camera system they used, (which cuts resolution to that of 16mm) or even the projection. It just wasn't shot by people who knew what they were doing. Many of the low budget 3-D movies of the 80s were much better shot, and they used the same cameras and projection systems.

In short, it didn't live up to the premise. But don't let that stop you from watching it in 3-D sometime! If you like bad movies like I do, it is well worth it for a laugh! But to say it is better than JAWS 2...I can't agree.

The fourth film looks good, but it is in a badness class all of its own.

Bring on the Psycho sequels from Universal!

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I'm very embarrassed to ask, but did anyone pick up Jaws The Revenge today, and does it have the original ending where -

Jake dies, NOT the reshot video version when he comes back to life

?

If you don't want to admit to it here, then it's okay to send me an e-mail or private message. :crazy:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't believe the "Jaws" discs are out to the general public until next week.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday was the street date, but I didn't find copies in stores. Probably slow-trucking them in, instead of overnight air, to save on shipping costs for these catalog "B" titles.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I took one for the team (though at $12.99 each, it wasn't too bad :) ).

Jaws the Revenge has the same preposterous ending that all video releases have used. :frowning:

The only extra is a teaser trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks