What's new

Announcement: Warner Home Video Blu-Ray Loyalty and HD-DVD Trade Up Program (1 Viewer)

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
I no longer have the UPC sheet from the back of my Matrix set. Wonder if they'll take the artwork from the separate discs as proof.

If anybody has already asked WB this question, please chime in.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

I recall there being an issue with the transfer on that one being interlaced instead of progressive. I'm not sure if it ever got worked out, but I am pretty sure that disc went out of print for seemingly no reason at all.

However, I want to say that WB is re-releasing it again soon to tie in with T4.

And yes, if anyone hears anything about The Matrix set, please keep us updated.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

If I were you, I'd email customer service and inquire as to them acceptin another part of the packaging. If they state they will accept another part of the packaging, I would then send it in with a printout of the email exchange approving whatever packaging they stated they would accept.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Genuine nice gesture by Warner and if I didn't already upgrade :D
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
most of my HD DVD titles to Blu-ray already, I'd partake in this program.

I wonder if they'll send me BD's of Forbidden Planet, Mutiny on the Bounty and Excalibur if I send them my HD DVD's;)

and the source of this info is..............? Magic 8-Ball?
[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/1/17/htf_imgcache_40393.jpeg] [/url]

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

I dont own any HD DVDs, but, id ditch my DVDs of those for Blu-ray on street day!

As long as i am dreaming. Warner can add Outland and Demolition Man, and id be a happy camper. OK, so they were not on HD, cant i hope for a Blu-ray?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
OK, quick question. On the website it says the UPC # for the Ultimate Matrix Collection is 085391167877, but the UPC on my sleeve is 085391159742. Does anyone know why they're different and if they will honor my order if the sleeve has a different UPC than they're saying on the site?

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Brent, you must have the "Complete Matrix Trilogy" instead of "The Ultimate Matrix Collection."

Apparently, WB will honor that one too as long as you have that paper, which I promptly discarded when I bought it. :frowning:

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
OUTland!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd kill for a BD of OUTLAND Rick! I might even seriously injure someone just for a watchable anamorphic DVD.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Yup, I just checked the box and it's the "Complete" not "Ultimate" set. So, they'll still honor my order if I send the paper(which for some unbelievable reason I actually kept), huh? If so, that's awesome!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
Did anyone by chance find out what's happening with Casablanca? I'm half-tempted to buy an HD-DVD copy if it means I get early back-door access to the Blu-ray.

Porfirio

Second Unit
Aside from the paper slip, do we also have to send in the artwork of each individual Matrix film? I know that for box sets like the OCEAN'S collection or the BEST OF HDDVD collections you do.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

On the website, it says you only need the paper slip with the UPC, nothing about individual case artwork.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Doh!!!! I threw away the box for the 4 HD-DVD set with Superman, The Departed, Blazing Saddles and Goodfellas. I could not see keeping it when the films had nothing in common and I wanted to organize the discs alphabetically on the shelf anyway. Now...they are allowing a trade in on this box set for only $9.95 with the inclusion of the flattened box....yet...since I don't have that box any more the only way I can trade in these discs is to pay $4.95 each individually making it twice the cost. Ugh!

My Bad. But still.

Annoyed.

I am glad they are doing this though. Yay Warner. Thank you. Hopefully Paramount and Universal will follow suit with similar programs.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Yeah, not having the slip with the UPC, I decided to forgo the MATRIX box set and only swap the first film. I can always watch the sequels on my HD-A2, although Animatrix on BD is probably pretty sweet. As it was I redeemed 13 titles...which is plenty.

Thanks to everyone who made calls & sent emails to get more info!

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
I love this deal! Ultimate Matrix BD for Complete Matrix HD-DVD?? Casablanca Ultimate Collectors BD set for HD-DVD?? Sweet! I'll be swapping 8 discs and 2 multi-disc sets for a little less than the purchase price of 3 BDs. Thanx WB! Given that they don't owe the consumer anything, this deal is incredibly good form. I wonder how long this promotion will be going on? I've still got Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and would love to trade up if the BD ever sees the light of day. It would be great if Universal did this, although many of my Uni HD-DVDs were from the "Free HD-DVD" mail-in promo from back in the day and their UPCs are cut. I'd love it if they'd do it anyway. Paramount, too. Although, since Paramount has been offering the rebate for BD upgrades, an exchange program seems unlikely. One can dream though, right?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Yeah, this may be a good program but I'm not excited about it. I'd jump on this if it was a free exchange or maybe 99¢ each, but no way I'm gonna pay $5 per title. For most of my Warner titles, if I want them on Blu, I can buy them used locally for not much more than that. The only ones I would look to exchange anyway are my Matrix set and Harry Potter suitcase (which I only bought because I got it much cheaper than the individual releases). My HD-A1 still shows pristine in 1080i so my HD-DVDs are fine.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
How do you know this? On ths Ocean's collection, the instructions just say to send the cardboard box. It's only the box that has the correct UPC number.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks